Cardiff vs Swansea in the Premier League

Re: 10% of the Premier League will be Welsh

Land Of Our Fathers might get the number one spot next season.

And will the English get the blame for Welsh thuggery if it kicks off in the valleys?

I've got nothing against the Welsh because I used to go to Rhyl as a child a lot.

Because it was cheap and local.

Now I wouldn't bother ;-0

Well done bluebirds. It is almost surreal thinking they will be in the premiership, I don't think I even considered this a possibility when I was a kid watching them in the lower divisions. I'm sure there was a time when I was really young, late eighties when Cardiff played home games without a crowd as they couldn't afford to pay the police, can anyone confirm this? Loyal fans, will bring a great support to the etihad. Proud to be from the 'diff.

Stoke, Hull, Blackpool, Swansea and now Cardiff.

Five teams not seen in the top flight for a generation or more until recently.

Great for the game in general and for those City supporters, like us, who can't afford to go to away games it gives us a chance to see different teams and maybe hear some different songs.

Well done, Cardiff. We look forward to seeing you at Etihad.

davymcfc said:
Vienna_70 said:
davymcfc said:
I like watching derby matches and definitely prefer Swansea. Although I don't agree that they should even be playing in the English league.

Why not?

They were playing in it long before there was a Welsh league and long before any of us were born.

And Cardiff won the FA Cup in 1927.
It's called the English premier league. How can the biggest three clubs in Wales not play in the welsh league? I also disagree about Celtic and rangers playing in the English leagues.

Actually, no it isn't.

It's called the Premier League.

THFC6061 said:
davymcfc said:
Vienna_70 said:
Why not?

They were playing in it long before there was a Welsh league and long before any of us were born.

And Cardiff won the FA Cup in 1927.
It's called the English premier league. How can the biggest three clubs in Wales not play in the welsh league? I also disagree about Celtic and rangers playing in the English leagues.

Actually, no it isn't.

It's called the Premier League.

Don't forget to add the banks name in front of it like Gary Lineker does on every sentence!

Really chuffed for Bellers, hope we see him back at the eitihad and he gets the reception he deserves, always nice to see the raw emotion & unbridled joy when a player achieves something with their hometown boyhood team, unless it's that Stretford filth of course.

rather excited and hung over Cardiff fan here!!

Season ticket holder and will now get to see some "proper" footballers coming down here next season after spending almost 20 years watching tripe.

Will never agree to wear the red of cardiff but dead chuffed to be in the big boys league.

But who am i going to support when City come down??
OMG i still cant believe we have finally done it.

And did you see Bellers interview in the changing room afterwards?? emotional stuff. He is Legend! Cardiff through and through and hugely proud to be welsh, unlike a certain mr.giggs.

and cardiffs chairman has said hes gonna spend £25 million on players............WOW............thats enough to buy Yaya's left ankle

adr2.8i said:
rather excited and hung over Cardiff fan here!!

Season ticket holder and will now get to see some "proper" footballers coming down here next season after spending almost 20 years watching tripe.

Will never agree to wear the red of cardiff but dead chuffed to be in the big boys league.

But who am i going to support when City come down??
OMG i still cant believe we have finally done it.

And did you see Bellers interview in the changing room afterwards?? emotional stuff. He is Legend! Cardiff through and through and hugely proud to be welsh, unlike a certain mr.giggs.

and cardiffs chairman has said hes gonna spend £25 million on players............WOW............thats enough to buy Yaya's left ankle
Nice feeling eh mate?
Any thoughts on realistic targets? QPR look doomed, could pinch a few of their players. Taraabt? Good for you anyway.

Pigeonho said:
[
Nice feeling eh mate?
Any thoughts on realistic targets? QPR look doomed, could pinch a few of their players. Taraabt? Good for you anyway.

yeah its a pretty special feeling seeing your hometown club in the top flight. last nights pitch invasion reminded me of the title winning invasion at the etihad last season. i saw grown men cry. strangers hugging each other. None of us have ever seen top flight football. 53 years ago was the last time. and like many city fans last season, all the years of frustration just came pouring out.

i havent even began to think about targets next year. this squad would get murdered in the prem so we have to buy quality but at a bargain price! abit like our west walian counterparts. To survive a few seasons would be great and to build the squad steadily. the last thing i would want is for us to do a QPR and spend big and pay silly wages and then get relegated. We are already £84 million in debt! :-(

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.