Carlos Borges | Signed by Ajax for £12m

You get little to no chance to impress these days so when you do get a chance to play with the first team players you have to take it

unfortunately he had his after the World Cup break and didn’t take it , he was awful against Girona and hasn’t had a sniff since

shame
So we are not even ready to back a talent after 1 match? Pep sees him in training and will decide but of if one awful midseason friendly game is all it takes to judge a player then its wrong

Not sure what we do about it but I think it's unfair on city that after bringing the lads through the age groups and eds successfully a club like say Soton or Dortmund can pay a lowish transfer fee and have an asset overnight appreciate in price after really doing none of the work.
Pure guess but I wonder if this is why city are said to be looking at partnerships to maybe offer longer loans and give another option to youngsters not quite ready so they dont have to leave..

Not sure what we do about it but I think it's unfair on city that after bringing the lads through the age groups and eds successfully a club like say Soton or Dortmund can pay a lowish transfer fee and have an asset overnight appreciate in price after really doing none of the work.
Pure guess but I wonder if this is why city are said to be looking at partnerships to maybe offer longer loans and give another option to youngsters not quite ready so they dont have to leave..
Erling Haaland says Hi!

There are far too many of them for them all to make it with us, we get what we believe is a fair fee dependant on any clauses. They're not idiots and the academy more than pays for itself.

Play them.

Southampton will get an auction for Lavia this summer as they took the risk of playing him every week.

Ultimately it’s important to recognise that the EDS exists to create a solid revenue stream, with the 1% who are good enough or lucky enough being kept around.
Instead of who ? . He doesn't control the ball well enough for a pep team

He will hopefully have a decent career elsewhere, club will put in buy back or sell on clauses so everyone’s a winner. The academy business model is slick.

Borges looks some prospect but arguably doesn’t fit the guardiola style however the transfer market options for him are vast. Loads of similar lads in the academy, it’s a football factory and a very successful one currently.

Imagine the transfer fees that could come in for Bob, Mebude, Borges if they leave? All great prospects fans would love to see in 1st team but their sale will line Guardiolas pockets nicely for the summer market

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.