Carlos hands in transfer request

I don't usually just jump in without reading every single post, but when there's 60 pages...

... Can I ask the obvious question? Why can't the rest of the Tevez family move to be with him in Manchester?

southstand117 said:
avoidconfusion said:
Tevez might not be Manchester City but there is absolutely no doubt that if he leaves we can forget about a Top 4 finish, let alone the title.
Yes because it was his 3 goals that won is the game yesterday, oh wait!!!!!
FFS man up

We played WEST HAM... bottom of the League and possibly the worst team in the League.

Do you honestly think we would have beaten Chelsea without Tevez for example with just Jo and Supersulk up front?

Finally !! club statement guys !!!

<a class="postlink" href="http://mcfc.co.uk/News/Team-news/2010/December/Carlos-Tevez-A-statement" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://mcfc.co.uk/News/Team-news/2010/D ... -statement</a>

Citizens said:
Finally !! club statement guys !!!

<a class="postlink" href="http://mcfc.co.uk/News/Team-news/2010/December/Carlos-Tevez-A-statement" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://mcfc.co.uk/News/Team-news/2010/D ... -statement</a>

So pretty much confirms that Joorabchian is stirring the shit then.

What is actually stopping his girlfriend and kids coming over here, it's an odd situation. He is paid handsomely to play football for Manchester City and, as he alluded to in the interview last week, it's a sacrifice he is willing to make. The talk of him going to another club (in Europe) is a bit nonsensical as he'll still be thousands of miles away from Argentina.

Sure he's a fabulous player but we'll get along without him! (providing he does actually go)

If he wants out, no loan for me, its completly different to Robinho who wasnt a 1st 11 player when we got rid. It was be mad to let him leave on loan, even if it was for family reasons. We tried the soft soft approach with Robinho and look how that worked out.

No team in South America could afford the fee. he has 3 of 5 years left on his contract and based on current transfer values, i would value him at 40-50 million. His scoring record speaks for itself.
We wont sell to a Premier League team, only perhaps Chelsea could afford him and i cant see us selling to a rival.

Real madrid have a striker shortage atm and they could borrow more money from the government and buy him i guess but no arsing around for me with fringe players offered in return. Full transfer fee or 1-2 of thier 1st team regulars.

But im behind Mancini on this, give him time and we wont have any players here who dont want to be here. Get rid of all the moaners

for those who cannot access

It is with disappointment that we confirm to our supporters that Carlos Tevez has submitted a written transfer request. The Club can also confirm that the request has been rejected.

The Club remains disappointed by this situation and particularly with the actions of Carlos' representative.

Roberto Mancini and all at the Club have shown, and will continue to show, sensitivity to Carlos' personal circumstances including the issue of his family being based overseas. Indeed Following his suspension as a result of the game against Bolton Carlos requested and was given special dispensation by the Manager to take leave overseas.

The written transfer request is in stark contrast to Carlos' stated position in both public and club contexts. Significantly, over recent months, the Club has also received numerous requests from Carlos’ representative to renegotiate and improve his playing contract as well as more recently a request to extend that contract by another year.

However, in line with the Club's policy of not negotiating playing contracts mid-season this has not been granted. Carlos' current five-year contract has three-and-a-half years to run and he is the highest paid player at the Manchester City Football Club.

This is both an unfortunate and unwelcome distraction and the Club will remain focused on the games ahead in what is turning out to be a very promising season. The door remains open for Carlos to be selected to play.

another generation said:
I don't usually just jump in without reading every single post, but when there's 60 pages...

... Can I ask the obvious question? Why can't the rest of the Tevez family move to be with him in Manchester?

I think it's over with his Wife.
She fcuked off back to Argentina with the kids.

As must have been said no player is bigger than the club. In the short term this is going to hit us (on the assumption that he handed in a transfer request) but hopefully he can pursuaded to stay to the end of this season (and to perform to his usual high standard).

City must have had an inkling this could happen so hopefully a contingency plan in place and a new striker will be bought in January. Ultimately it may help improve the team as well are not so reliant on one player to score the goals, though things never run that smoothly with us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.