Carlos in Milan yesterday and today

simon23 said:
Oh my God!!!!!!!!!!!!

Suprise suprise!!!

This has happened so many times it is now so predictable......when a city player is out injured the media immediately start that he is going to leave (that its his last game in a city shirt...the presenters on tv managed to say that nearly before tevez was off the pitch in the liverpool game)........

they did it with robihno, ade, anelka...and what makes it worse is "fans" on here help the process along

IF tevez leaves we are in big trouble........the club the manager, the fans need to do everything to make sure this does not happen....comments like bye bye carlos are infuriating.....its mindless and shows people cant see passed the end of their nose.

Without Tevez we are without any top quality striker (that can be relied upon)....dzeko wont hack it (people will say wait but you will be saying that at this point next season!), balo...has the ability but i just dont think he will ever change his attitude.

I am no doubt going to upset you here and I apologise in advance. His scoring rate is good; I give you that. However, he often takes too many touches when others are making runs and actually slows us down, particularly away from home when we are attacking on the break.

I agree that Dzeko and Balo may not be the answer; neither have proven it yet, though their history suggests they could.

But, if Tevez does play again, just look at the amount of touches he sometimes takes when a lay off to a runner (particularly Silva and Yaya) might be more productive. Then he is not the fastest unless he has a start on a player when his strength can work and so the move slows as he has to turn back inside, allowing the opposition to re-group.

Don't get me wrong, at his best he is great and I would like him to stay, but his heart doesn't appear to have been in it recently and therefore its best if we let him go and move on.....

bluelady47 said:
Simon 23: NO player is bigger than our club, our club will carry on with or without carlos, support your team NOT a player>

i do support the club and i always want whatis best for theclub...that is why city fans helping the media press the self destruct button time and time again infuriates me!

tevez staying at city is what is best for the club......he is the only top quality striker we have

yes we will carry on but we will be decidedly weaker if we let him go and we will really struggle to replace him<br /><br />-- Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:42 pm --<br /><br />
true blue rising said:
simon23 said:
Oh my God!!!!!!!!!!!!

Suprise suprise!!!

This has happened so many times it is now so predictable......when a city player is out injured the media immediately start that he is going to leave (that its his last game in a city shirt...the presenters on tv managed to say that nearly before tevez was off the pitch in the liverpool game)........

they did it with robihno, ade, anelka...and what makes it worse is "fans" on here help the process along

IF tevez leaves we are in big trouble........the club the manager, the fans need to do everything to make sure this does not happen....comments like bye bye carlos are infuriating.....its mindless and shows people cant see passed the end of their nose.

Without Tevez we are without any top quality striker (that can be relied upon)....dzeko wont hack it (people will say wait but you will be saying that at this point next season!), balo...has the ability but i just dont think he will ever change his attitude.

your post is a joke, we dont need him, get over it!!! he is a disgarce to our club, who the hell would let him walk onto the pitch with his kids in his hands, flt home when needed, leader hahaha my arse!! he is everything you dont want in a captin, he is a fantastic player one of the best i have ever seen in a blue top, but take your pet dog and do 1

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...oh did you say something........ah thought not!

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

simon23 said:
PSmyth07 said:
He won't have it any better anywhere else than he currently has it at City. He's our leader and talisman, at Milan or Madrid he'll just be another player.
Look at his stats he is fantastic I would do all I could to keep him , that includes getting rid of Mancini

if you said that about any other player i would say you are right...but no matter where tevez goes (if he does) he will become a talisman and a leader for that team....he is that sort of player

this is why we need to keep him

Whether this is true or not i think Carlos got to the end of last season and he thought he didn't like Mancini as much as Hughes, and he thought he was better than MCFC. He thought he was a CL player, a giant club player. City weren't a club in either of these catagories. He'd had a season with us - that he may well have really enjoyed - but he wanted out.

City offered him things to keep him at the club. A contract that said he'd be the club's highest paid player no matter who we signed and however much we paid them; we got rid of players he might not have got on with (Bellamy? eventually Adabayor?); we gave him the captaincy which was undeserved; we let him leave to go off to see his kids in Argentina (understandable) or to swan off on holiday to the Canaries or wherever he wanted, even when he was fit and games were there to be played (completely unacceptable behaviour by both Carlos and City!) etc...

This kept him happy for a few months, a few months where he was fantastic for us. He was playing at a high level, a level i think only Samir Nasri was as good as in the first half of the season. Then when the weather got cold and he might not have had a holiday for a while, he looked at Rooney getting his money doubled at United, he'd watched a few months of the CL, and Carlos thought "right, i'm gonna take City for as much money as i can take the piss for or i'm off!"

City didn't give in to him this time. They stayed firm and said nothing. Carlos then, however, just lost all interest. He continued to score a few goals and still had a few excellent games; Wolves at home, especially. Overall though since December his high level performances became less frequent. In the last 9 weeks he's looked completely disinterested, he's put on weight, he's not scored in open play, his performances have actually been not good enough.

This may well not be true. But even if it's not this player will be pulling on another club's shirt in the summer. And d'ya know what? I couldn't give a shit! I don't want players like this at MCFC!

tazmancblue said:
simon23 said:
Oh my God!!!!!!!!!!!!

Suprise suprise!!!

I am no doubt going to upset you here and I apologise in advance. His scoring rate is good; I give you that. However, he often takes too many touches when others are making runs and actually slows us down, particularly away from home when we are attacking on the break.

I agree that Dzeko and Balo may not be the answer; neither have proven it yet, though their history suggests they could.

But, if Tevez does play again, just look at the amount of touches he sometimes takes when a lay off to a runner (particularly Silva and Yaya) might be more productive. Then he is not the fastest unless he has a start on a player when his strength can work and so the move slows as he has to turn back inside, allowing the opposition to re-group.

Don't get me wrong, at his best he is great and I would like him to stay, but his heart doesn't appear to have been in it recently and therefore its best if we let him go and move on.....

to be fair i sort of agree with you in some respects....he does take too many touches etc at times....

he seems to be trying too hard at times and id ask you why?

i agree his heart seems to be different as well...and again id ask you why????

i have my opinions on why but it only opinions and not facts...though i think Im right with my opinion that its because tevez doesnt like Mancini due to his tactics (and maybe disagreements that they have had behing the scenes about this and other issues).....tevez is clearly frustrated with the way we play and i believe that is part of the reason why he tries to do too much......its like he is trying to solve the problem on his own
also maybe the weight of the captaincy is too much for him? he is always been a player that leads by example but maybe he feeps he needs to do it more now he is actually the appointed leader...maybe he feels like he needs to drive the team forward more than he actually does already and he is trying too hard in certain respects

mcfcgaz said:
tazmancblue said:
His loss; see ya, Carlitos, you ugly slimey Argie rat!
he hasn't left yet you spack
Haha this made me chuckle, some will believe any shit that is printed, I don't dispute the fact tevez will leave but while he is still with us he will get my full backing

big blueballs said:
mcfcgaz said:
he hasn't left yet you spack
Haha this made me chuckle, some will believe any shit that is printed, I don't dispute the fact tevez will leave but while he is still with us he will get my full backing

well said

simon23 said:
Oh my God!!!!!!!!!!!!

Suprise suprise!!!

There will be nothing to say or do to stop tevez leaving, he has never lasted more than 2 years anywhere, and he won't stay longer than 2 years at his next club either, that is the nature of the man

simon23 said:
tazmancblue said:

to be fair i sort of agree with you in some respects....he does take too many touches etc at times....

he seems to be trying too hard at times and id ask you why?

i agree his heart seems to be different as well...and again id ask you why????

i have my opinions on why but it only opinions and not facts...though i think Im right with my opinion that its because tevez doesnt like Mancini due to his tactics (and maybe disagreements that they have had behing the scenes about this and other issues).....tevez is clearly frustrated with the way we play and i believe that is part of the reason why he tries to do too much......its like he is trying to solve the problem on his own
also maybe the weight of the captaincy is too much for him? he is always been a player that leads by example but maybe he feeps he needs to do it more now he is actually the appointed leader...maybe he feels like he needs to drive the team forward more than he actually does already and he is trying too hard in certain respects

You're possibly right, but he has to realise that we have some good players around him who can do things too, rather than try too hard.

I think his personal life hasn't helped; the problems with his wife and therefore his kids, the allegations (whether true or not) about other women. There are many issues we do not know of, and perhaps he feels that a change is as good as a rest and he hopes that it will bring a change in everything. I can understand where he is coming from if that is the case, but in the meantime our club is still paying his wages and whether he is seeing Inter or not this weekend, he shouldn't leave the situation open to such translation.

He should be with the lads in London, especially as captain.

The fact he isn't opens a can of worms, and perhaps he is trying to orchestrate the situation by his actions. I don't like that idea on such an important weekend.

But I'll still cheer on the 11 that are on the pitch tomorrow and hope we win.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.