Carlos Tevez | How do City fans remember him?

It's not so much what went on in Munich, it's more the fucking off to go playing golf for weeks that was annoying.made up for it later though and my lasting memories of him are Norwich away with kun and the gpc headstone on the parade - legend.
Ah Norwich away, the second time that season we put six past the green and yellows.
The way he worked with Kun that day was sensational and they scored five of the six between them. I think we set off about 6 in the morning as it was an early kick-off. Then leaving the ground with a defiant chant of "We never win at home" repeated time and time again.
Tevez, Kun, Edin and Mario: Not a bad forward line.

Ah Norwich away, the second time that season we put six past the green and yellows.
The way he worked with Kun that day was sensational and they scored five of the six between them. I think we set off about 6 in the morning as it was an early kick-off. Then leaving the ground with a defiant chant of "We never win at home" repeated time and time again.
Tevez, Kun, Edin and Mario: Not a bad forward line.
We never really had a manager / system that used two up front very often which was a shame I thought.

Having been to where he's from several times, I can tell you he's had a successful life just by avoiding addiction, jail or an early grave. Brits will judge him without realising the upbringing he's had.

One hell of a footballer, we were a one man team at times when he was here, particularly in his first 2 seasons. He gave everything for the shirt and has the heart of a lion. One of the only players I've ever seen go into a tackle head first. Probably my favourite ever footballer, just a shame he is very misunderstood over here due to his background and lack of English.

I don't think he liked City or United, (or even England for that matter), but always gave 100% on the pitch.

Personally, I'll remember the other players from that era more fondly, but undoubtedly he made vital contributions.

As a player at City I loved watching him, such determination and energy and scored some great goals. Something like a goal every other game ratio too! Definitely a catalyst for our success and his signing was undoubtedly a 'statement of intent'. Obviously the 'welcome to Manchester' and 'RIP Fergie' statements were funny and did the job of winding the rags up. The Munich incident wasn't his best moment was it though !
Although he appeared to be a bit of a twat, I obviously don't know him as a person off the pitch, but I feel Carlos Tevez basically looked out for Carlos Tevez. Does he have the same affection and feeling for us that some recent ex players do? I very much doubt it, he was a player employed to do a job. Tevez did a (very good) job for us and others have said was probably at his peak at City, maybe left too soon and did a job at his next club Juventus.

Carlos Tevez looked after Carlos Teves, but his core ethos was hard work. I think Pep would have loved him. And hated him.

He's one of my favourite players, just did the business, like Tyson in his prime.

Reactions: mac
He was an Argentinian through and through. Unlike Zab and, to some extent, Kun, he never really adopted England as a place or a culture. I've got no problem with that. An absolute grafter, with a great deal of skill and determination to add to that. That's all I ask.
Incidentally, on the in-depth interviews on the OS, he gives his version of what went on at Munich. It's kind of interesting, and if it is to be believed, it puts the incident in a rather different light. Roberto, too, could be a bit of a tit, let's face it.
The performance away at Norwich was one of our greatest ever. Pure swagger reminiscent of the late 60s team when it was at its very best. That was when I really started to believe again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.