Carlos Tevez Must Stay

trevorriley said:
tevez must stay, we have lacked in goals this season, but yet he has looked the best of the bunch up front... Work rate 100% and provides..

Im fed up of hearing people say get money for him while he is 29 or cut the wages bill. We do not need the money to this extent, what we need is world class players like tevez.

first season ticket was 1980, tevez is the best player i have seen in a city shirt.

I'm with you as well. I don't get this fear of him leaving on a free next summer. At best we would get 5 for him. What are we going to do with 5? I'll take renting Tevez for 1 more year over an influx of a whole 5 mil that really doesn't help the club.

I'm no cynic said:
nice neil said:
nice neil said:
I'm not geeky enough to go digging through the internet for stats, but I'm sure you'll find that Tevez needs continuity to be at his peak. Compare his goalscoring records at utd and when he first came to City - playing in every match - and now. He doesn't benefit from squad rotation. Barring his desire to go home, I'd definitely keep him. We couldn't replace his combination of goals and graft for under £40 million. Could we ?

You are so right, Neil. Tevez must be one of the top 10 strikers in world football. His strike-rate when he played every game at City was 1st class. His never say die attitude is so rare amongst modern day millionaire footballers. Yes, he has his faults, but the grass isn't always greener. We could let him go, sign cavani for £50 million, then find he's not as good as Tevez after all. Unproven in the premier league. Etc .

Do you often answer your own comments?

Good catch!
Not only commenting. he padding himself on the shoulder, too

Great player but not value for money. We can't afford to have 3 big earners (200k+) on our books as strikers. Maximum of two in this day and age with FFP and the Premier League rules.

He should go, free up his wages for Cavani or another top striker (who can offer more goals) and then sign a cheaper/younger replacement for Dzeko

maybe a reason for him to stay

15 - Manchester City's Premier League record when both Tevez and Aguero start is W15 D1 L1. Strong.

No player keeps the ball like him but Yaya

When these two get the ball I feel safe and confident.

tonea2003 said:

15 - Manchester City's Premier League record when both Tevez and Aguero start is W15 D1 L1. Strong.

So if there was only 15 games a season we would be fine?
Aguero injury record and tevez in and out if form.

I go back to the last 6 games of last season wasn't tevez subbed off in everyone
Scoring 1 goal ? Don't think Norwich was last 6.

Point is holding inti the ball is an added bonus if your scoring 20 prem
Goals per season it isn't a reason to start someone ?
Tevez won't be a starter next season in my opinion.

chrismcfc1 said:
tonea2003 said:

So if there was only 15 games a season we would be fine?
Aguero injury record and tevez in and out if form.

I go back to the last 6 games of last season wasn't tevez subbed off in everyone
Scoring 1 goal ? Don't think Norwich was last 6.

Point is holding inti the ball is an added bonus if your scoring 20 prem
Goals per season it isn't a reason to start someone ?
Tevez won't be a starter next season in my opinion.

without additions that will be the starting pair, their record together stands up to scrutiny,

i'm pretty sure Norwich was last 6

tevez 73 goals in 142 games
ageuro 46 in 83

not too shabby

and note I said maybe

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.