Carlos Tevez Must Stay

Hasn't done any were well enough this season.
A pay as he scores,, sets up, passes and closes down deal in the ratio (scores)6-(sets up)6-(great pass)3-(closes down)1 seems the ideal choice to me. If he does the business great he gets paid really well. If he doesn't he doesn't.

City 1 Chelsea 1 1971 said:
I'm no cynic said:
City 1 Chelsea 1 1971 said:
The problem isn't so much Tevez as the Tevez-Aguero partnership. Aguero was far more prolific when he played alongside Balotelli and Dzeko last season.

It isn't that easy to judge. For starters, there is a chemistry between Tevez and Aguero and results where the two have started together prove it. Then there is the situation of last season where Tevez was missing so it may have 'appeared' that Aguero was more prolific when playing with the other two. And also, don't forget that in the current season, Aguero has had a fragmented time of it due to his recurring injury problems.

In these circumstances, if Tevez really wants to stay, I would have no problem in extending his contract although it would have to fall into our new regime's idea of £140k per week maximum, plus bonus payments. Then he would be under an obligation to earn his corn.

There might be a personal chemistry between Tevex and Aguero, but the footballing partnership, in terms of goals, is overrated.
Both of them score the occasional brilliant dribble, but that's about it.
Too many City fans are trying too hard to convince themselves that the partnership works.

Performances are subjective in the eye of the beholder, but in results, which are backed up by the stats, a starting line-up with Tevez and Aguero included has won fifteen of the seventeen EPL games played over the two seasons since Aguero arrived. I've not bothered looking up cup and European games, I'll leave someone else to do that, but the stats that I have delved into indicate a successful partnership. You may argue that it could have produced more goals for the team than the 40 scored in these seventeen games, but it's a team game in which the whole is equal to the sum of the parts and with 40 scored and only 9 conceded in these particular games, it's all impressive stuff.

Iam mixed on the Carlos Tevez staying.In some ways he has been are best striker this season.But he hasnt scored enough this season to justify giving him another contract.If someone wants him this summer he can go for me.

Personally think it's quite refreshing how for the last 2 games when most players have lets's say indulged in a little bit of 'after the lord mayors show' following the Derby and Wembley - Tevez has been our best player. The reason for this is his drive and determination. Amazing when you think what happened last season. Would defo like him to stay - there aren't too many players around like him.

nice neil said:
I'm not geeky enough to go digging through the internet for stats, but I'm sure you'll find that Tevez needs continuity to be at his peak. Compare his goalscoring records at utd and when he first came to City - playing in every match - and now. He doesn't benefit from squad rotation. Barring his desire to go home, I'd definitely keep him. We couldn't replace his combination of goals and graft for under £40 million. Could we ?

You are so right, Neil. Tevez must be one of the top 10 strikers in world football. His strike-rate when he played every game at City was 1st class. His never say die attitude is so rare amongst modern day millionaire footballers. Yes, he has his faults, but the grass isn't always greener. We could let him go, sign cavani for £50 million, then find he's not as good as Tevez after all. Unproven in the premier league. Etc .

nice neil said:
nice neil said:
I'm not geeky enough to go digging through the internet for stats, but I'm sure you'll find that Tevez needs continuity to be at his peak. Compare his goalscoring records at utd and when he first came to City - playing in every match - and now. He doesn't benefit from squad rotation. Barring his desire to go home, I'd definitely keep him. We couldn't replace his combination of goals and graft for under £40 million. Could we ?

You are so right, Neil. Tevez must be one of the top 10 strikers in world football. His strike-rate when he played every game at City was 1st class. His never say die attitude is so rare amongst modern day millionaire footballers. Yes, he has his faults, but the grass isn't always greener. We could let him go, sign cavani for £50 million, then find he's not as good as Tevez after all. Unproven in the premier league. Etc .

Do you often answer your own comments?

I'm no cynic said:
nice neil said:
nice neil said:

Didn't know Andy Goram was a blue

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.