Carlos Tevez Must Stay

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
@BluePhil8 said:
Skashion said:
There you go with another assumption darling. :-)

I don't like Tevez, correct. It doesn't mean there is an agenda to prove he's not important. I have used facts throughout to make my case that he isn't, and I have been proved right in the main. So many people thought we'd struggle last season, I didn't think we would. I was right. Plenty of people said we'd stroll to the title this season, I was dubious, again I was right.

Here's an idea, why don't you do the adding up and contextualising yourself if you so badly want to make your case? Why am I having to run around and wipe your arse when I know damn well you won't be satisfied.

People can just read this and i am sure they will come to there own conclusions.

Yep,and here's mine.
One of you two knows precious little about football,and it isn't Skashion.

I like to think Skash knows abit about football, he seems intelligent enough, but id like to think so does Phil, just about the wrong team.

I agree we should make it first priority to sign Carlos for another 3 years but I can't see him staying. I think he will want a move.

Feed-The-Goat said:
nijinsky's fetlocks said:
@BluePhil8 said:
People can just read this and i am sure they will come to there own conclusions.

Yep,and here's mine.
One of you two knows precious little about football,and it isn't Skashion.

I like to think Skash knows abit about football, he seems intelligent enough, but id like to think so does Phil, just about the wrong team.

No its cuz he has a different opinion on tevez like i have my opinions on dzeko. for most people on here tevez and kun are sacrosanct untouchable no matter what they do. tevez has come into some form but get rid and get falco.

Skashion said:
Shaelumstash said:
There isn't a stat in the world that will tell you without Tevez in the side there is absolutely no chance we'd have won last night. But stats are all that matter apparently.
Such idiotic logic. This is why so many people shat themselves about the prospect of Tevez leaving in the summer before the 11/12 season. The pundits likewise. Paul Merson even said we'd struggle to finish in the top four without Tevez. I was the opposite, I maintained Tevez's goals were easily replaceable and predicted we'd be champions. Tevez scored just 4 of our 93 goals that season. Why are none of Tevez's defenders taking any notes. He barely plays, we score loads, despite pants-shitting predictions of decline. He plays loads, we don't score as much, despite pants-wetting predictions of strolling to the title.

Now, I'm not going to put it all at Tevez's door but the facts speak for themselves. We've let two goalscorers in Balotelli and Johnson leave, and we've been unlucky with injuries. However, neither Tevez nor Aguero have been scoring at the rate we need to win titles. Personally, I think having too many similar players stymie one another. When Silva and Nasri both play, they are individually less effective. When Tevez and Aguero play, they are individually less effective.

So you think us "scoring loads" last season is directly related to Tevez "barely playing", and him "playing loads" is directly related to us "not scoring as much" this season, and you have the temerity to question my logic?!

Now listen closely, because you might learn something. In the season before we won the title we played the majority of the season with Tevez as a lone striker and had a midfield 3 of Barry, De Jong and Yaya for the vast majority of games. We were a difficult team to beat, solid, but not a free flowing attacking team. The season we won the title, we essentially swapped a defensive midfielder (De Jong) for an extra forward (Aguero).

We played with 2 defensive midfielders, 2 creative players and 2 forwards. The change in system allowed us to be a lot more fluid in attack, we created "loads more" chances and scored "loads more" goals. This wasn't directly related to Tevez being out of the team, it was down to a change in system, playing with more attacking purpose.

You cannot accuse Tevez of being directly responsible for the drop off in goals, when he came back for the last 6 games and played a huge part in winning us the title, I cannot remember the goals being particularly dried up at that point? He may have only scored 4 out of 93, but he wasn't playing for the majority of the season, so be a bit more realistic with your point.

This season we have continued to play a similar system to last, often with two forward players, 2 creative players and 2 holding. What was happening after xmas last season, and has happened this season, is teams have figured out how to negate our system. Because we have no width, teams defend incredibly narrow against us, with their back 4 and midfield sat back camped within the width of their penalty area.

Because so many of our attacks come through the middle, we have found it hard to create as many goal scoring chances as the early part of last season. That is why we have not scored as many goals, not Tevez's fault, and I'd go as far as to say that after Zabba and Nastasic he's been our best player this season.

tevez must stay, we have lacked in goals this season, but yet he has looked the best of the bunch up front... Work rate 100% and provides..

Im fed up of hearing people say get money for him while he is 29 or cut the wages bill. We do not need the money to this extent, what we need is world class players like tevez.

first season ticket was 1980, tevez is the best player i have seen in a city shirt.

trevorriley said:
tevez must stay, we have lacked in goals this season, but yet he has looked the best of the bunch up front... Work rate 100% and provides..

Im fed up of hearing people say get money for him while he is 29 or cut the wages bill. We do not need the money to this extent, what we need is world class players like tevez.

first season ticket was 1980, tevez is the best player i have seen in a city shirt.

And thats the point really. We all think he's a good player so to just ley him go would be folly if we cany guaruntee buying better. Most clubs in the world would hae him play for them. If he ends up in Argentina good luck to him but if he was to go now, I susoect he would still end up in Europe and I just think that would be bloody stupid.

tevez must stay imo proven player who creates and scores goals,cavani i suspect will be the big name striker who will be added to the squad.id also like us to go in for michu as a 4th rotating striker very good all round striker who has good movement quick feet scores all types of goals and would fit into our system

Shaelumstash said:
Skashion said:
Shaelumstash said:
There isn't a stat in the world that will tell you without Tevez in the side there is absolutely no chance we'd have won last night. But stats are all that matter apparently.
Such idiotic logic. This is why so many people shat themselves about the prospect of Tevez leaving in the summer before the 11/12 season. The pundits likewise. Paul Merson even said we'd struggle to finish in the top four without Tevez. I was the opposite, I maintained Tevez's goals were easily replaceable and predicted we'd be champions. Tevez scored just 4 of our 93 goals that season. Why are none of Tevez's defenders taking any notes. He barely plays, we score loads, despite pants-shitting predictions of decline. He plays loads, we don't score as much, despite pants-wetting predictions of strolling to the title.

Now, I'm not going to put it all at Tevez's door but the facts speak for themselves. We've let two goalscorers in Balotelli and Johnson leave, and we've been unlucky with injuries. However, neither Tevez nor Aguero have been scoring at the rate we need to win titles. Personally, I think having too many similar players stymie one another. When Silva and Nasri both play, they are individually less effective. When Tevez and Aguero play, they are individually less effective.

So you think us "scoring loads" last season is directly related to Tevez "barely playing", and him "playing loads" is directly related to us "not scoring as much" this season, and you have the temerity to question my logic?!

Now listen closely, because you might learn something. In the season before we won the title we played the majority of the season with Tevez as a lone striker and had a midfield 3 of Barry, De Jong and Yaya for the vast majority of games. We were a difficult team to beat, solid, but not a free flowing attacking team. The season we won the title, we essentially swapped a defensive midfielder (De Jong) for an extra forward (Aguero).

We played with 2 defensive midfielders, 2 creative players and 2 forwards. The change in system allowed us to be a lot more fluid in attack, we created "loads more" chances and scored "loads more" goals. This wasn't directly related to Tevez being out of the team, it was down to a change in system, playing with more attacking purpose.

You cannot accuse Tevez of being directly responsible for the drop off in goals, when he came back for the last 6 games and played a huge part in winning us the title, I cannot remember the goals being particularly dried up at that point? He may have only scored 4 out of 93, but he wasn't playing for the majority of the season, so be a bit more realistic with your point.

This season we have continued to play a similar system to last, often with two forward players, 2 creative players and 2 holding. What was happening after xmas last season, and has happened this season, is teams have figured out how to negate our system. Because we have no width, teams defend incredibly narrow against us, with their back 4 and midfield sat back camped within the width of their penalty area.

Because so many of our attacks come through the middle, we have found it hard to create as many goal scoring chances as the early part of last season. That is why we have not scored as many goals, not Tevez's fault, and I'd go as far as to say that after Zabba and Nastasic he's been our best player this season.

Good post

MaineRoadBlue said:
If we are stupid enough to let Carlos Tevez, one of the hardest working players ever to wear our shirt and the man who single handedly won last night's game drift away to another club at his contract end or even sell him this summer then it will be a monumental mistake!

I am sure Tevez, if offered an extended deal, would sign up.

He is after all, almost a full year younger than Yaya, and if I am honest, contributes more energy and changes just as many games. I certainly have never seen Tevez refuse to run back as Yaya did at Wembley.

In my opinion, he must be kept, we couldn't find another like him and he is only just 29, which is younger than RVP who is soon 30.
agree about teves ,but got to pull you on the ya ya running back ,he was pushed up as a surport striker ,it then becomes other peoples job to get back ,its like screaming at kun ,to get back in front of his defenders.you just would not .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.