Carlos Tevez Must Stay

Shaelumstash said:
...and I'd go as far as to say that after Zabba and Nastasic he's been our best player this season.
This. Hated him for what happened last year although I see that in a slightly different light now. Really want him to stay for a couple of more seasons. He is warrior every second of the game in stark contrast to ...(oops, almost sweared in church).

Tevez is a world class player who is capable of moments of sheer individual brilliance but he ruins the fluidity of our attack with his style of play, by constantly dropping deep it draws defenders into the space that Silva, Nasri and Yaya want to exploit. It reminds me of the whole De Jong situation, absolutely class at what he does but he just didn't suit the type of football we play.

Silva and Nasri in particular base their whole game around finding little pockets of space but with Tevez thrown into the mix as well it just gets too crowded and we end up passing it around to try and get him out of the way at times. There is just no variety to Tevez style, defenders know for a fact he isn't going to run in behind so can push up high and deny our creative players space and it all just becomes a bit too predictable. If you watch Aguero, he keeps defenders guessing because they know if they push up he can spin off and sprint in behind them. Tevez plays sometimes with a schoolboys mentality and gets attracted to the ball too much, some people will put that down to desire and hunger to win but if that was enough then you'd play with 11 Zabaleta's every week. Before people start with the bollocks about him winning us the title in the last 6 games and the run of games we won with him starting, people have to consider just how many of them games we weren't winning when we left the field (e.g. Newcastle, QPR and all of Dzeko's super sub appearances at the start of this season).

Attacking football is all about variety and clever movement at the top level and with Tevez in the side we become very predictable and easy to defend against.

Skashion said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
Skashion said:
Must he indeed. His lack of goals is one of the main reasons we're not in the title race.
Just his??

Bit unfair that, being the highest goal scorer in the team
I would say Silva, Nasri, Yaya, Aguero (injuries though), Dzeko, Mario(when here) should have all scored a few more along with not having jolo around for corners anymore
Tevez, 11 goals in 1994 minutes = 181 minutes per goal
Aguero, 10 goals in 1669 minutes = 166.9 minutes per goal
Dzeko, 12 goals in 1431 minutes = 123.4 minutes per goal

Tevez has not had a great season by any stretch or bounds of the imagination and yet we must keep him apparently.

I don't get this Tevez had a bad season? He's never been prolific, but puts so much energy into his game, even when not in great(scoring) form he makes things happen. Can we say the same about any of our other forward players?

kawkav said:
Skashion said:
Must he indeed. His lack of goals is one of the main reasons we're not in the title race.

I beg to differ

his goals are the reason we are not behind chelski and rags aren't Officially the Champion

Agreed. Had we not had Tevez this season we'd be struggling to make top 4 especially with the injuries Aguero has had. Tevez has been superb and deserves another couple of years but he doesn't want to sign up :(<br /><br />-- April 19th, 2013, 2:54 am --<br /><br />@OptaJoe: 84 - Carlos Tevez now has 84 goals in 196 Premier League appearances, exactly the same record as Cristiano Ronaldo has in the PL.

Not sure why anyone thinks he'll sign a new contract even if we offer him one. He's made it pretty clear that he wants to retire at Boca in a few years. He'll stay next season then leave on a free.

I am sick of people saying sell Dzeko, sell Tevez Buy Cavani and Falcao.

I guess soem have lost the conection to the reality. this combo costs over $120m on transfer money never mind the wage bill. and unlike football manager you can't seat players of this magnitut on the bench.
these players want play time garantee and what not.

so I am gonna lay it down for you :)

/ sell Dzeko
/ sign a top striker lets say cavani or falcao for the sake of argument
/ bring Guidetti back as forth striker and built them up
/ let tevez take a back seat to new striker-Aguero double
/ let Tevez go at the end of next season

now tevez happy , we are OK everybody is happy

:) let the roast begin

Skashion said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
Skashion said:
Just his??

Bit unfair that, being the highest goal scorer in the team
I would say Silva, Nasri, Yaya, Aguero (injuries though), Dzeko, Mario(when here) should have all scored a few more along with not having jolo around for corners anymore
Tevez, 11 goals in 1994 minutes = 181 minutes per goal
Aguero, 10 goals in 1669 minutes = 166.9 minutes per goal
Dzeko, 12 goals in 1431 minutes = 123.4 minutes per goal

Tevez has not had a great season by any stretch or bounds of the imagination and yet we must keep him apparently.

Carlos 'Controlled Rage' Tevez

- does this answer your question?

Remember, you have to switch to emotion if someone argues logic, and logic when someone argues emotion

;o)

could have sworn op said tevez stay? guess it was just a knightmare, i shall wake up shortly,covered in sweat from such a scary thought.

back to reality, anyone ordered his taxi yet

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.