Carlos Tevez

SPIDERBOY said:
Matt the Giant said:
But the thing is, whoever we let go off, we must find better alternative to bring in. I would be very surprised we ended up lowering the quality of the sqaud just because of an infected past.

if you look hard enough,you will find a better alternative,i dont know who,clubs employ people to do that..dont know about you but,before we signed vinnie,i never heard of him.what a find that was......so IMO,they are out there.

I wonder if we really are prepared to get a potentially good player in place for Tevez for example. That would mean we are indeed accepting that we will for the time make the team weaker.
I think not, as the aim this season is retaining the PL title and to go very very fr in the CL.

Madness to sell wihtout buying first

There are a number of clubs that were or are after high profile strikers and only a few to go around.

Selling Tevez is great BUT until we have someone in first whom can replace him at a similar standard then if he is happy to stay then he must stay and based upon our current transfer activity it would be risky to sell first

Clubs after a striker

Juve
AC
PSG - Ibra gone
Chelski

Selling Tevez is great but we become royally fooked if RvP then goes to Juve as is most likely

If we buy a striker before selling it devalues the players they are replacing. If we buy van Persie clubs know full well we need to rid of Dzeko or Tevez and can pressure us into cut-price deals. I don't see the need to wait on buying a defender or midfielder personally as they wouldn't be replacing any huge stars but maybe the club just can't find the right players or can't close deals.

LoveCity said:
If we buy a striker before selling it devalues the players they are replacing. If we buy van Persie clubs know full well we need to rid of Dzeko or Tevez and can pressure us into cut-price deals. I don't see the need to wait on buying a defender or midfielder personally as they wouldn't be replacing any huge earners but maybe the club just can't find the right players or can't close deals.

Alternatively if we wait until we actually sell those players we dont want before we buy those we want - there will be fewer to choose from and the price will go up because there is little alternative

Agree with you about midfield and defenders madness we aint got one of these positions sorted by now

If Carlos stays the league is ours again, if he goes and RVP comes in the league might be ours.

Just who then, could we possibly be interested to bring in instead of keeping Carlito?

Just a few names I can think of:

RVP
Cavani
Torres
Villa
Falcao
Welbeck (he's stalling signing a new contract, one year left only)
Giuseppe Rossi

It seems as if Cavani and Falcao are too expensive.

Any names you would want to add to a list of plausible targets for replacing Tevez?

SPIDERBOY said:
i personally think milan will come in for dzeko,before tevez...or both

Maybe. Who knows which state Cassano is in really. Maybe doctors have limited his playing time to keep his heart condition under control.

Matt the Giant said:
SPIDERBOY said:

Maybe. Who knows which state Cassano is in really. Maybe doctors have limited his playing time to keep his heart condition under control.

I doubt that is the case. If so then Milan would never have allowed him to play in the Euros. He started most of Italys games there too.

BlakeTheBlue said:
Matt the Giant said:
SPIDERBOY said:

I doubt that is the case. If so then Milan would never have allowed him to play in the Euros. He started most of Italys games there too.

And didn't finish anyone of them.
He was brilliant though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.