Carlos Tevez

bluefandk said:
Edwaardz said:
Pigeonho said:
Talksport saying he has said he wants to stay and has no intention of leaving.

Hmmmmmmm!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3OYVmw_UBM&feature=g-u-u[/youtube]

Also another video showed him and Mancini having a chat and they seemed on very good terms. Almost looked like one of those "Ok you can stay, but if you fuck up one more time I'll kill you" type conversations.

That will last untill Carlos doesnt get what he wants when he wants it.

The minut that happens toys will be thrown.
Yep, that's why I 'hmmmmmmm'd'.

Tevez City said:
He was valued at £50m last summer !

I think anything below 30 Million is a bargain.

Maybe so, but refusing to obey the manager and going on his jollies for half the season dented that value to pretty much zero.. Only his performances in the last month or so have helped restore that. anything over £20m is a coup for us.

I can understand the debate on RVP v Tevez for me it is somewhat irrelevant if our manager the man who has led us to a FA cup and prem title in last two years says he wants RVP and he belives that will take us to another level then who am I to say he is wrong given his track record with us. On a personal level and this is where sentimentality gets in the way I would prefer our strikers to remain as they are.

Carlos will stay and Edin will go IMO. It might not work out but the aguero/tevez partnership is one hell of a temping prospect

TonyM said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
But Tevez is not fit enough to wipe Van Persie's arse, technically, and what he will do for the other players in our team.

He will take our counter-attacking to Barca levels.

Van Persie is made for our system in every single way possible.

To say that Tevez isn't fit to wipe RVP's no-doubt brazillian behind is a stretch. They are more or less the same in and around the box but Tevez is better at dropping deeper.

And counter attacking is a thing of the past. Who are we going to counter attack against....maybe in the CL, but rarely if ever in the league.

The 4 strikers we have are perfect for us right now. Tell Mancini too get his act together please TH. And you to cop yourself on.

RVP indeed. The lunacy!

Absolutely this. I will happily acknowledge that RvP is the more technically accomplished player and light years ahead as a finisher, but I just don't think we need him. Tevez, Aguero, Balotelli and Dzeko are a nicely balanced quartet, physically and in terms of complementing each other on the field. However good a player RvP is, I'm still wary of the fact that he's an injury prone 29 year old (as of the start of August), with little or no resale value. The two key areas of weakness in our squad are lack of cover at centre half - the thought of another season of Savic being first choice back up to Vinny and Jo Lo makes we go wee wees with fear - and little or no genuine pace out wide. A top class centre half and a lightning quick winger would be my only buys this summer.

A big worry about tevez for me is apart from norwich, i cant remember a good game him and aguero had a good partnership/chemistry going on, but maybe that was the lack of preseason then him fucking off for a while but who knows they didnt seem to work together very well

If you could guarantee Tevez's head wouldn't go again then you'd keep him in the squad until hsi contract ran out. Based on his ability alone he's invaluable to any squad, whether it be starting the game, or coming off the bench. The problem you have is he's a ticking timebomb, if he isn't getting regular starts he'll become sullen and awkward. If we're planning on bring ing in another top quality forward, whether it be RVP or not, then I'd be of the opinion that cashing in on Tevez at this point probably makes sense for all parties involved.

Matty said:
If you could guarantee Tevez's head wouldn't go again then you'd keep him in the squad until hsi contract ran out. Based on his ability alone he's invaluable to any squad, whether it be starting the game, or coming off the bench. The problem you have is he's a ticking timebomb, if he isn't getting regular starts he'll become sullen and awkward. If we're planning on bring ing in another top quality forward, whether it be RVP or not, then I'd be of the opinion that cashing in on Tevez at this point probably makes sense for all parties involved.
This - if he knuckles down then I´m happy for him to stay , but ....spots , change , leopard etc... then there´s Kia the snake

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.