Carlos Tevez

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only reason the Txiki would want to sell Tevez would be because of his exorbitant wages. Otherwise, he himself has no reason to leave, since Mancini left. It makes no sense to sell him for 20mil and then buy another player for 25-30mil who may or may not perform. It's going to be pretty hard to find an able replacement.
His performances have been as world-class as ever, even though his position now seems undefined (striker or playmaker).

If City are going to sell Tevez, we should be looking for the other side of 20mil (I would say 22-24mil would be ok). We did buy Nasri for 24mil on his last year of contract..

Carlos Tévez's days at Manchester City could be numbered. According to reports in French newspaper 'L'Equipe', Monaco already has a verbal agreement to sign the Argentine forward for the forthcoming season. Sources in France are tipping Tévez to be paired up alongside Radamel Falcao in attack if the Colombian ends up playing for the club, recently promoted to Ligue 1.

The Argentine player is under contract to Manchester City until 2014, but 'L'Equipe' says that Monaco has lured Tévez with a contract worth €10 million a season.

The French club's president, Russian millionaire Dimitri Rybolovlev, has not yet been in contact with Manchester City, but hopes to begin negotiations with the English team to ensure Carlos Tévez is wearing the Monaco shirt next season. The club's owner is looking to spend the summer completely overhauling the team and building a star-studded squad to go up against Paris Saint-Germain in the French league. Monaco's coffers are full to brimming in readiness to sign up new recruits.

Manchester City's Argentine striker touched down in the Premier League in 2006/07 to bolster West Ham's ranks. He also spent two campaigns at Manchester United, later becoming a 'Citizen' for four seasons. Monaco could be the next port of call for 'El Apache' Tévez.

How true is this, anyone?

Seems like he will be on his way this summer.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11679/8721890/Transfer-News-Carlos-Tevez-admits-lure-of-PSG-and-Monaco" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... and-Monaco</a>

The Manchester City striker, 29, is again the subject of intense speculation about his future and a move to France this summer is being widely tipped.

Asked by French television station Telefoot about the prospect of joining newly promoted Monaco, he confirmed he would be open to the idea.

"For me, Monaco is one of the largest French clubs, and any player would go there," he said.

"I have a one-year contract left at City and I am happy, and I love playing in the Premier League - but a project like Monaco I really like.

"I know [Claudio] Ranieri [Monaco coach] and he has proven he is a great coach so for me this would be great."

Likewise, he admits that PSG would equally be as desirable - a club he almost joined last season when he was in dispute with City.

"There was interest from PSG for me, and we talked with Leonardo, but we could not reach an agreement," he said.

"But it remains an interesting option as the French championship is moving very fast. If Leonardo called me, it's not a problem for me to come, really no problem to come to Paris and France."

"I know [Claudio] Ranieri [Monaco coach] and he has proven he is a great coach so for me this would be great."...except that it's 99% certain that Ranieri won't be at Monaco next season. Also, to those wanting to keep Tevez, they seem to have overlooked that his contract expires at the end of next season and he will be able to go for free. We need to cash in now.

lionheart said:
"I know [Claudio] Ranieri [Monaco coach] and he has proven he is a great coach so for me this would be great."...except that it's 99% certain that Ranieri won't be at Monaco next season. Also, to those wanting to keep Tevez, they seem to have overlooked that his contract expires at the end of next season and he will be able to go for free. We need to cash in now.

Wasn't there an article somewhere where the president of Monaco (or someone else) said that they will stick with Ranieri for next season?

Rammy Blue said:
NipHolmes said:
Hope we get Van Persie money for him.

No chance, be lucky to get 15mil.
If we sell him to Monaco i believe we can milk that russian for more, he seem desperate to make an impact next season and players of Tevez caliber dont come around that often

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.