Carlos Tevez

Status
Not open for further replies.
If hes happy to stay, get him on a new contract. He will always be great on the pitch and always gives his all. I agree as an AM hes very good at coming deep and dictating and helping the team. The amount of assists he gets really is great added with the goals.

dasblues said:
adrianr said:
sam-caddick said:
This.

I think I read he has 17 goals and 10 assists in all competitions this season, and for the majority he has been playing as a number 10 rather than the main man up front.

Personally I think we would be stupid to not to keep him for a few more years, as an attacking midfielder, or a number 10 there is not many in the world better than him.

I disagree, quite strongly in fact. I think it's largely due to this we've been so limp up front this season. Put Hazard or Mata in Tevez's position and we'd have added 20 goals to our tally IMO. Tevez was always at his best as a sole striker, and his effectiveness has slowly but surely diminished with the rise of the rest of our attack (notably Aguero). He holds onto the ball far too long to play as an ACM. I think he'd tear it up moving to a team where he can be the main striker again.

If we could shift on Tevez and replace him with a proper ACM, not a converted striker, we'd be so much more lethal up front. Or if we're going to have Cavani up top and Aguero wide left, put Silva or Nasri there. Both have got more vision and willingness to play in team mates than Tevez.

Clueless , first off what's ACM?

Secondly , he contributed towards 27 goals from that position......who are you after zidane ?

You start the conversation calling me clueless, then ask what an ACM is.. If you're going to start with the internet know it all approach I'll wait for a (hopefully) more cordial response from Sam or Marvin to discuss it further.

adrianr said:
dasblues said:
adrianr said:
I disagree, quite strongly in fact. I think it's largely due to this we've been so limp up front this season. Put Hazard or Mata in Tevez's position and we'd have added 20 goals to our tally IMO. Tevez was always at his best as a sole striker, and his effectiveness has slowly but surely diminished with the rise of the rest of our attack (notably Aguero). He holds onto the ball far too long to play as an ACM. I think he'd tear it up moving to a team where he can be the main striker again.

If we could shift on Tevez and replace him with a proper ACM, not a converted striker, we'd be so much more lethal up front. Or if we're going to have Cavani up top and Aguero wide left, put Silva or Nasri there. Both have got more vision and willingness to play in team mates than Tevez.

Secondly , he contributed towards 27 goals from that position......who are you after zidane ?

You start the conversation calling me clueless, then ask what an ACM is.. If you're going to start with the internet know it all approach I'll wait for a (hopefully) more cordial response from Sam or Marvin to discuss it further.

Name the 'lethal ACM' that will contribute more to the team then .....I'll give you 20 mins to check the fm13 first

dasblues said:
adrianr said:
dasblues said:

Name the 'lethal ACM' that will contribute more to the team then .....I'll give you 20 mins to check the fm13 first

Did you honestly miss the third sentence in my post where I named two of them?!

Seriously, the FM insult.. why are you acting like an angry teenager?

Matt Diablo said:
Time to wipe the slate clean. Wages he's on is embarrassing, he's had his day now he can do one. Lost pace and his snake Kia has soon shut the fuk up for a reason. I'd prefer Danny Sturridge any day

Not been watching this season then?

adrianr said:
dasblues said:
adrianr said:

Right , so we will be signing hazard and / or mata then ?

The point is we have a fantastic group of players ,by far the best first 11 in the league , we don't need to sign the next big thing , just a bit of tweaking and a manager that can get more out of the sum of the parts

Mancini has created this mentality ( in the support) of throwing money at the problem , look at Italian teams of the past , a quality defence , solid midfield and hope the three nominal forwards win you the game

I'm hoping for a bit more nouse than that .... People would be queuing up for aguero , silva , nasri , kompany , toure and tevez .... Lets appreciate what we have and make the best of it

Great news, hes a good player but i havnt forgiven him for walking out on the team last year.

dasblues said:
adrianr said:
dasblues said:

Right , so we will be signing hazard and / or mata then ?

The point is we have a fantastic group of players ,by far the best first 11 in the league , we don't need to sign the next big thing , just a bit of tweaking and a manager that can get more out of the sum of the parts

Mancini has created this mentality ( in the support) of throwing money at the problem , look at Italian teams of the past , a quality defence , solid midfield and hope the three nominal forwards win you the game

I'm hoping for a bit more nouse than that .... People would be queuing up for aguero , silva , nasri , kompany , toure and tevez .... Lets appreciate what we have and make the best of it

Thank you for a good post, why couldn't you just open with that? ;)

Of course I don't think we'll be able to sign Hazard or Mata; I did think we should have signed them both when they were available (Mata instead of Nasri, and missing out on Hazard in the summer was a bigger deal than missing out on RVP like many thought), but they're just two types of player who I think would help us create a more balanced team if replacing Tevez. It doesn't have to be them exactly.

I agree that we have a fantastic team, though I would disagree it's by far the best first 11 in the league, or at least won't be once this summer is through. That's the mistake we made last summer - had a great team, didn't improve it, everyone else did. That's all most are thinking on here. It's not necessarily a Mancini hangover, throwing money at everything (not in my case at least), just a prudent approach. It's also an amusing argument for me, as I've been someone questioning buying Cavani when we already have Aguero!

Our team is good, but it can be better, especially in Europe. If it couldn't we wouldn't be buying first team quality players. I'd guess that our best 11 next year won't include Barry, for example. I'd also say that the sort of clubs Tevez goes to after City would give a better indication to his usefulness than how we view him here. I don't think he'll go to a top team, I think he'll either go to Monaco, a club at a similar stage as City when he joined here, or back to Argentina. Aguero on the other hand would have interest from Real Madrid, Barca, etc.

It's not heresy to think by replacing one of your players you could improve the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.