Carlos Tevez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ray78 said:
ChicagoBlue said:
Ray78 said:
£3.5 rising to £5m depending on appearances.

I guess we wont be seeing THAT £1.5M!!

He was trying to leverage a fat payday while the management needed younger, more technically proficient replacements. Funny how guys are high on Rodwell and deride Garcia, yet NEVER compare buying Rodwell to selling NDJ?!

Hmmm, selective memories?!

True in one sense but Rodwell boosts our English quota which is a necessity in the Premier League.
And rodwell is gonna be boss!! Fricking fast and tall defensive midfielder

AdamoTheGreat said:
Carlos Tevez will meet Manchester City bosses next week to discover whether he has a future at the Etihad Stadium. The Argentina striker, 29, has a year remaining on his contract and has been linked with Monaco and Juventus.[The Times]

If he signs his contract extension then he will be here next season.<br /><br />-- Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:57 am --<br /><br />
Chevelle said:
Ray78 said:
ChicagoBlue said:
I guess we wont be seeing THAT £1.5M!!

He was trying to leverage a fat payday while the management needed younger, more technically proficient replacements. Funny how guys are high on Rodwell and deride Garcia, yet NEVER compare buying Rodwell to selling NDJ?!

Hmmm, selective memories?!

True in one sense but Rodwell boosts our English quota which is a necessity in the Premier League.
And rodwell is gonna be boss!! Fricking fast and tall defensive midfielder

Fingers crossed he can overcome his hamstring problems as he is a promising player.

BoyBlue_1985 said:
SuperYaya said:
sam-caddick said:
It does make you think about it now, and to be honest I can see it being true.

Would the club really of swapped De Jong for Garcia? Even if it was for a like for like free swap we would not have done it.

Why sell De Jong for 3m then buy Garcia for 16m when De Jong is clearly the better player? Even non-City fans knew that.

De Jong was a world cup finalist, one of the best defensive midfielders in the world and clearly loved by the other City players as we had seen on Inside City.

Definately something suspicious went on with our Nigel.

Using world cup finalist to praise him is a bit of a half truth considering he should have been shown a straight red and could have cost his team the game.

The de jong lovers make me laugh.

Fair enough we are all entitled to our opinion. Though as a De Jong hater check out the game last season away at Newcastle.

If you can recall this was the game in many City fans eyes we won the league. He came on as a sub allowing Yaya to push forward, and he then dominated that midfield like a true predator, an awesome display.

The fact that City then subsequently made a mountain out of a mole hill against QPR has nothing to with with it.

IMO Nigel De Jong was class and a great servant to MCFC!!

Mr Ed (The Stables) said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
SuperYaya said:
Using world cup finalist to praise him is a bit of a half truth considering he should have been shown a straight red and could have cost his team the game.

The de jong lovers make me laugh.

Fair enough we are all entitled to our opinion. Though as a De Jong hater check out the game last season away at Newcastle.

If you can recall this was the game in many City fans eyes we won the league. He came on as a sub allowing Yaya to push forward, and he then dominated that midfield like a true predator, an awesome display.

The fact that City then subsequently made a mountain out of a mole hill against QPR has nothing to with with it.

IMO Nigel De Jong was class and a great servant to MCFC!!

article-0-166E8F7A000005DC-816_468x286.jpg

L-R+Spain%27s+Cesc+Fabregas,+Spain%27s+forward+Fernando+Torres,+Spain%27s+goalkeeper+Pepe+Reina+and+Spain%27s+midfielder+Xabi+Alonso+laugh+during+a+reception+with+Spain%27s+Prime+Minister+Jose+Luis+Rodriguez+Zapatero+at+the+Moncloa+Palace

It's got a bit off topic in this thread I know, but can anyone really argue De Jong didn't do the job he was bought for at City extremely well?

I do like carlos but if he has to go to allow others to come in then so be it to be honest. I think in our team already let alone new signings cavani would score 30-40 goals and is one of the few on the planet who would actually suit our style of play!

Do not be fooled into thinking it is easy and inexpensive to replace Carlos Tevez. He is a tried and tested premier league player of utmost high quality and I think some of us seem to take that for granted. Remember for a moment the league in which Cavani is scoring his goals, it's softer and slower than ours - there's a world of difference, and there's no guarantee he'll be the same force in England (but I believe he will). I'm not saying I don't want Cavani because I'd love him at City, but Carlos has proved himself top drawer at 3 Premier League clubs and is incredibly invaluable to us. Would be a massive mistake not to offer him a new deal.

mancity61 said:
Do not be fooled into thinking it is easy and inexpensive to replace Carlos Tevez. He is a tried and tested premier league player of utmost high quality and I think some of us seem to take that for granted. Remember for a moment the league in which Cavani is scoring his goals, it's softer and slower than ours - there's a world of difference, and there's no guarantee he'll be the same force in England (but I believe he will). I'm not saying I don't want Cavani because I'd love him at City, but Carlos has proved himself top drawer at 3 Premier League clubs and is incredibly invaluable to us. Would be a massive mistake not to offer him a new deal.

What wages is Tevez on? Could probably cover Ferdandinho and Thiago?

Hes worth every penny. It will be a sad day when Carlos Tevez leaves City. Many fans called for his head after last years problems, but he as apoligised, knuckled down, and got on with the job. If we sign the right players in this transfer window and Tevez continues to give 100% as he as done then I really believe we be in for a fantastic season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.