Carlos Tevez

Status
Not open for further replies.
sam-caddick said:
Tancredi Palmeri ‏@tancredipalmeri 4m

Tevez talked with Juventus and give his ok to move to Turin cutting his wages.According to SkyItaly still no talks with Manchester City

Talks re an offer will be dependent on the outcome of the meeting between Juve and real Madrid for Higuain in 4 days time.

If Perez fails to satisfy the request for a reduced selling price, say €27m, then the offer of around €15m for Carlos will be made official.

There can be no doubt that we will accept that. It would be foolish not too with a Bosman in 12 months beckoning on the horizon.

IanBishopsHaircut said:
NipHolmes said:
CTID101 said:
I would take 13m but then again that is why we pay Txiki.

I think it is best for all concerned for him to go. Has made no noises publically about staying which says to me he doesn't want to and not one rumor of a contract extension so the club will certainly be actively trying to sell him.

If they have agreed terms with him then get a bit more cash off them and seal the deal.

Mario and Tevez money + Dzeko is what Napoli want for Cavani. Sorted.

Those three's wages combined more than cover Cavani so we end up with Cavani plus some cash in the pot to spend on Isco's wages.

We could actually finish this summer with a lower wage bill, a strengthened squad and a not too high net spend. Lovely.

Have in mind Jovetic is a target and costs £25m, Tevez is a superior player and even at 28 would still be a great player for 3-4 years before falling deeper on the pitch to a playmaker role. He is a £20m player still and I can see Monaco and PSG keeping a tab on him. He's a bargain really, at the price he costs it's a no brainer, he's a star in any league.

Jovetic doesn't command anywhere near the wages of Tevez though

Very few teams in the world who could take on that financial burden

Completely understand but we are talking about a good player and a genuine world class one. Tevez is a gamechanger, £13m is chickenfeed. Worse comes to worse we sell for £20m and pay the difference in his wages for first year of Juve contract which will drop us by £2-3m probably. It is simply paramount not to be taken the piss of but still get the deal through, anything less than £15m is a joke. RVP may have come off a great 18month but he is a risk with all those injuries, Tevez is a Ronseal player and if he was no.1 striker he'd take the mantel and prove his worth, to sell him for £10m less than RVP is a joke, both go for same wages too.

Premier league - 34 games,11 goals and 8 assists. Played out of position for big parts of the season yet is responsible for nearly 20 goals. A cheered up version who enjoys his football more (without Mancini basically) will do even better.

I recon him and dzeko will go with cavani coming in. We could cope with cavani, aguero and guidetti. Perhaps play with the "false 9" like spain have done with fabregas in times when we are really short.

Im sure silva, isco, nasri, navas, thiago or yaya could be deployed in this role.

If we pull all these signings off then our squad will be terrifying.

Braggster said:
Personally would be surprised if Juve offered £13m. I expect we'd be very happy with that

If van Persie cost £24m with one year left at the same age, you can see why we'd do well to get anything above £13m, given that van Persie is a better player and likely to age better too. Would still be sad to see Carlos leave, though

Ferguson himself said they paid more than he thought realistic, given van Persie's contract situation. Their need after losing the title to us (coupled with Ferguson's desire to bow out a winner) meant they paid it. van Persie clearly isn't twice the player Tevez is, but every transfer is different. I agree though we'd probably take £13m given the situation.

Ric said:
Braggster said:
Personally would be surprised if Juve offered £13m. I expect we'd be very happy with that

If van Persie cost £24m with one year left at the same age, you can see why we'd do well to get anything above £13m, given that van Persie is a better player and likely to age better too. Would still be sad to see Carlos leave, though

Ferguson himself said they paid more than he thought realistic, given van Persie's contract situation. Their need after losing the title to us (coupled with Ferguson's desire to bow out a winner) meant they paid it. van Persie clearly isn't twice the player Tevez is, but every transfer is different. I agree though we'd probably take £13m given the situation.

Since you're on something of a posting spree, Ric, go and knock on Tolmie's doper and tell him to come and give us some clues ;)

If we did sell Tevez for £13m then what great business Juventus have done.

Since coming up they have done great business, probably the best in Europe. Shrewd moves have helped them boost quality, look at their transfer form in recent years;
Vidal for £10m, now one of the best out there.
Pirlo on a free transferwho has had a second wind and shown the world his greatness.
Llorente on free transfer.
Pogba on a free transfer.
PossiblyTevez for £13m.

Fair play to them, can't fault that business.

Ric said:
Braggster said:

Agreed, Tevez has to be worth 20 mil. if persie went for 24. However, persie should have probably went for about 20 mil.

Cityisland said:
I recon him and dzeko will go with cavani coming in. We could cope with cavani, aguero and guidetti. Perhaps play with the "false 9" like spain have done with fabregas in times when we are really short.

Im sure silva, isco, nasri, navas, thiago or yaya could be deployed in this role.

If we have two proven 25 goal a season strikers in the team we should be sorted, I just hope those strikers are Kun and Cavani.

Guidetti is our young project striker so hopefully he can do his part and prove what he has got.

If we have two top strikers and built a team around them with lots of creativity then who knows where we can get to?..

I just hope we get Cavani as I honestly believe with the creativity we have currently got and bringing in he is the center forward we need. I love Dzeko but if you could choose between him and Cavani with the players we have I am choosing Edinson.

Cityisland said:

There he is..the new Bojinov again!

Guidetti isn't getting anywhere near our first team

If we sell both Tevez and Edin this window we need to replace with more than just Cavani

We need another reliable 3rd choice forward

sam-caddick said:
Cityisland said:

If we have two proven 25 goal a season strikers in the team we should be sorted, I just hope those strikers are Kun and Cavani.

Guidetti is our young project striker so hopefully he can do his part and prove what he has got.

If we have two top strikers and built a team around them with lots of creativity then who knows where we can get to?..

I just hope we get Cavani as I honestly believe with the creativity we have currently got and bringing in he is the center forward we need. I love Dzeko but if you could choose between him and Cavani with the players we have I am choosing Edinson.

As much as I've appreciated Edin Dzeko, I agree with you. He has all the ability of Edin Dzeko and the ability to maneuver in tight spaces and a good first touch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.