Carlos Tevez

Status
Not open for further replies.
£13m undervalues him, but our negotiating position is severely weakened by Tevez's contract situation. I think we'll probably accept to get him off the wage bill and avoid losing him for nothing next summer.

It's a shame, as he's been brilliant for us, but the team is evolving and if it means we get Cavani then I won't complain. Still think Dzeko will leave though, so it's plausible we could keep hold of Tevez for the last year of his contract and replace him next summer.

Ric said:
£13m undervalues him, but our negotiating position is severely weakened by Tevez's contract situation. I think we'll probably accept to get him off the wage bill and avoid losing him for nothing next summer.

It's a shame, as he's been brilliant for us, but the team is evolving and if it means we get Cavani then I won't complain. Still think Dzeko will leave though, so it's plausible we could keep hold of Tevez for the last year of his contract and replace him next summer.
Exactly this. People scoffing at the fee need to realize we have no power in negotiating this because he has 1 yr left. If the 13ish mill is legit we'd probably snap their hand off at that

Kris_Musampa said:
Goo said:
£13m is an insult.

He's still world class.

One year left on his contract, strolls out on a Bosman?

take the 13 mil.
You intelligent man....you can think ...like sensible. Only messing, you are spot on , Our guys have had time to plan all these moves. It makes sense to me .

£13m with one year left on his contract is OK value.
We should try and hold out for £4m more - or demand a player in exchange though.

Personally would be surprised if Juve offered £13m. I expect we'd be very happy with that

If van Persie cost £24m with one year left at the same age, you can see why we'd do well to get anything above £13m, given that van Persie is a better player and likely to age better too. Would still be sad to see Carlos leave, though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.