Carlos Tevez

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think if Tevez goes, Dzeko stays. We won't replace 3 of our 4 strikers over one season (including Mario)

Andouble said:
I think if Tevez goes, Dzeko stays. We won't replace 3 of our 4 strikers over one season (including Mario)

Nah, we'll try and shift both Carlos and Dzeko if the right bids come in. Do't think we'd be too bothered if Carlos stuck around for another season though.

Cavani, Sergio and A.N Other (older experienced player who's happy not to play every week) with Guidetti as 4th striker plus we'll probably sign a wide player that's comfortable up front if necessary.

Marvin said:
Tevez is now an attacking midfielder.

This.

I think I read he has 17 goals and 10 assists in all competitions this season, and for the majority he has been playing as a number 10 rather than the main man up front.

Personally I think we would be stupid to not to keep him for a few more years, as an attacking midfielder, or a number 10 there is not many in the world better than him.

sam-caddick said:
Marvin said:

This.

I think I read he has 17 goals and 10 assists in all competitions this season, and for the majority he has been playing as a number 10 rather than the main man up front.

Personally I think we would be stupid to not to keep him for a few more years, as an attacking midfielder, or a number 10 there is not many in the world better than him.

I disagree, quite strongly in fact. I think it's largely due to this we've been so limp up front this season. Put Hazard or Mata in Tevez's position and we'd have added 20 goals to our tally IMO. Tevez was always at his best as a sole striker, and his effectiveness has slowly but surely diminished with the rise of the rest of our attack (notably Aguero). He holds onto the ball far too long to play as an ACM. I think he'd tear it up moving to a team where he can be the main striker again.

If we could shift on Tevez and replace him with a proper ACM, not a converted striker, we'd be so much more lethal up front. Or if we're going to have Cavani up top and Aguero wide left, put Silva or Nasri there. Both have got more vision and willingness to play in team mates than Tevez.

hOW MUCH WOULD WE HAVE TO PAY TO GET SOMEONE LIKE TEVEZ, REMEMBER WE HAVE LOTS OF MONEY, WE DONT HAVE TO LOOK TO MAKE A PROFIT ON PLAYERS. ANYONE THAT THINKS WE WOULD BE BETTER OFF WITHOUT TEVEZ IS A NUMPTY

adrianr said:
sam-caddick said:
Marvin said:

This.

I disagree, quite strongly in fact. I think it's largely due to this we've been so limp up front this season. Put Hazard or Mata in Tevez's position and we'd have added 20 goals to our tally IMO. Tevez was always at his best as a sole striker, and his effectiveness has slowly but surely diminished with the rise of the rest of our attack (notably Aguero). He holds onto the ball far too long to play as an ACM. I think he'd tear it up moving to a team where he can be the main striker again.

If we could shift on Tevez and replace him with a proper ACM, not a converted striker, we'd be so much more lethal up front. Or if we're going to have Cavani up top and Aguero wide left, put Silva or Nasri there. Both have got more vision and willingness to play in team mates than Tevez.

Clueless , first off what's ACM?

Secondly , he contributed towards 27 goals from that position......who are you after zidane ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.