Carlos Tevez

Status
Not open for further replies.
SWP's back said:
Blue and Proud said:
SWP's back said:
Keeping him would have cost £26m for 12 months.

So it's great business.
I can see your point but this only applies if you consider that his wages were not value for money. No question we will need a goal scoring replacement for Tevez who will no doubt cost more than 12 million and demand wages at a similar level. In which case we won't save anything.
It would have cost us £26m for 1 season mate. And then we wouldn't have had a player after next May.

No replacement will cost that much. Even if we buy Cavani for £50m on a 5 year deal and on £10m per year, that would only cost £20m per year.

Do you understand my point?

That is why is was good business to sell, totally crazy financially to keep him for another season. Move him on which we have fortunately done, without all the mess him staying the final year of his contract would have brought for the club. Honestly thought we were stuck with him with his agent behind the scenes getting one let pay day and constantly in the press touting his name. Thanks for the memories but time to move on, great work from the club.

ChippyPerthBlue said:
SWP's back said:
Blue and Proud said:
I can see your point but this only applies if you consider that his wages were not value for money. No question we will need a goal scoring replacement for Tevez who will no doubt cost more than 12 million and demand wages at a similar level. In which case we won't save anything.
It would have cost us £26m for 1 season mate. And then we wouldn't have had a player after next May.

No replacement will cost that much. Even if we buy Cavani for £50m on a 5 year deal and on £10m per year, that would only cost £20m per year.

That is why is was good business to sell, totally crazy financially to keep him for another season. Move him on which we have fortunately done, without all the mess him staying the final year of his contract would have brought for the club. Honestly thought we were stuck with him with his agent behind the scenes getting one let pay day and constantly in the press touting his name. Thanks for the memories but time to move on, great work from the club.
I couldn't agree more.

Best business we have done to still get £10m for him, given everything.

SWP's back said:
ChippyPerthBlue said:
SWP's back said:

I couldn't agree more.

Best business we have done to still get £10m for him, given everything.

I agree too, its not just the transfer fee either, City will be saving 800k a month in wages too, so £10 million is a lot better a deal than it may appear.
I liked Tevez but we need players 100% committed to our club, although he had a great work rate when he played, I never got the feeling he was happy with us.. Hopefully a few more massive signings then we can start getting our title back..

How about we purchase and dedicate a full page message in Gazetta thanking him for his efforts and letting him know how much he means to us?

FantasyIreland said:
How about we purchase and dedicate a full page message in Gazetta thanking him for his efforts and letting him know how much he means to us?
How sad, you try to "make fun" of us who made it for your number one enemy?

The deal has not been completed yet. Just be wary of that as Tevez may hold out for AC Milan and there will be all kinds of wrangles and not because of Tevez

FantasyIreland said:

I get the feeling you didnt like the one we all chipped into for your mate mancini?

Marvin said:
The deal has not been completed yet. Just be wary of that as Tevez may hold out for AC Milan and there will be all kinds of wrangles and not because of Tevez

Very true, however their plans are in ice until they sell Robinho.

Maly Wilson said:
Do we really need a replacement for Tevez?

My understanding is that we will be playing a 4-3-3 of sorts next season, so for CF we will have Aguero, Dzeko and Guidetti. (or a replacement if Dzeko goes).

That's 3 players for 1 one position.

We have Nasri, Silva, Navas & Milner as a possibility for 2 wide positions of the front 3. For me, Milner is better playing from a deeper role as he doesn't have the pace or trickery for an out & out forward, so I'm more than happy with the Isco signing ; )

If it happens

Wish people would stop going on about fucking Guidetti and including him as though he is a top striker. He hasn't done anything yet to show that he will be any good in the premiership. With Tevez gone we have 'only' 2 front line strikers until this is addressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.