Carragher getting abuse again

No nee to be pedantic, you get my gist. What do you do ?

It's not pedantic to point out that it is irrelevant to what happened. Your question is a variation on the endless "what if it was your daughter/wife/mother..." questions, and precisely why we have a legal system in the first place. So fine, take your example and you go for it. Then enjoy being punished by the same said legal system, and deservedly so.

It is a pretty pathetic thing to do but I'm pretty sure if I was in his situation I would be able to just laugh at stuff like that. Thick as pig shit, barely able to speak but still making a fortune talking shite on TV, I think I could definitely laugh at or ignore a few pissed up twats shouting at me from a distance. He must know that every time he doesn't ignore it means it is going to happen more and more.

Yep, it’s wrong for these things to happen.

BUT - He’s paid enough to give his match summaries (which are not good & he only got the job because he’s a famous footballer not because he is a decent journalist). He should be able to deal with such incidents but he is neither intelligent or mature enough to do so. True to form, he reverts to the actions of a scummy footballer.

You wouldn’t expect a journalist to play football so why do the TV stations think a football can act like a journalist who has usually passed exams & has a modicum if intelligence.

He needs to walk away

Go on then mate I’ll bite.

A local scrote has spat in the face of your daughters best friend and you see this dirtball out and about, he’s been dealt with by the authorities but you feel he has been treated too leniently. What do you do ?

You have treated the spitting incident very personally, he hasn't spat at your best friends daughter he has spat at a random person none of us know. It happened because the random persons father behaved like a complete twat to begin with. Carragher then reacted awfully, if the family then didn't end up pressing charges why are you so bothered? He was suspended from his job for a few months. It isn't our fault Sky were stupid enough to give him his job back. We can't take the law into our own hands but the main thing you need to remember here, the abuse was nothing to do with the spitting incident. It was pissed up idiots thinking they were hard surrounded by mates. Simple as that

Ooh these football fans are terrible aren't they.

There was a bloke stood next to me at the Emirates yesterday who just kept shouting encouragement to the City team and abuse at Arsenal all through the game.

Never shut up once. Such a shame the stadium was so quite, almost serene at times, except for this hooligan.

I'm sure the players can't concentrate with all that noise going on.

I was so cross that on the coach on the way home I could hardly concentrate on my copy of Viz.

I've only been attending games since 2009 so I'm not sure if it's always been like this?
I too have experienced this kind of vermin at games gone by - disgusting is an understatement.

Think this was most noticible during Aguerooooooo!!!!!!!! when a lot of them appeared at a pivotable point of the game and ruined what would have been a beautiful moment........

Yep, it’s wrong for these things to happen.

He’s paid enough to give his match summaries (which are not good & he only got the job because he’s a famous footballer not because he is a decent journalist). He should be able to deal with such incidents but he is neither intelligent or mature enough to do so. True to form, he reverts to the actions of a scummy footballer.

You wouldn’t expect a journalist to play football so why do the TV stations think a football can act like a journalist who has usually passed exams & has a modicum if intelligence.

He needs to walk away
Let's just clarify things, there are plenty of famous footballers who can barely speak who don't get offered jobs by Sky. He got the job because he played for Liverpool, he plays for anyone else and he's currently unemployed imo. Not that that justifies people shouting at him.

It's not pedantic to point out that it is irrelevant to what happened. Your question is a variation on the endless "what if it was your daughter/wife/mother..." questions, and precisely why we have a legal system in the first place. So fine, take your example and you go for it. Then enjoy being punished by the same said legal system, and deservedly so.
I already pointed out that legally the same rules apply. I’m seeking to justify the moral stance of the gentlemen involved.

I already pointed out that legally the same rules apply. I’m seeking to justify the moral stance of the gentlemen involved.

Your morality is not a fixed point everyone else revolves around. You can make your moral choice, others don't have to agree with it.

You have treated the spitting incident very personally, he hasn't spat at your best friends daughter he has spat at a random person none of us know. It happened because the random persons father behaved like a complete twat to begin with. Carragher then reacted awfully, if the family then didn't end up pressing charges why are you so bothered? He was suspended from his job for a few months. It isn't our fault Sky were stupid enough to give him his job back. We can't take the law into our own hands but the main thing you need to remember here, the abuse was nothing to do with the spitting incident. It was pissed up idiots thinking they were hard surrounded by mates. Simple as that
Tom you seem preoccupied by the notion of hardness. You don’t know if these lads were snowflakes or had an ex special forces member sat amongst them so let’s put that notion aside.

Spitting at a child crosses a line regardless of how unspeakably awful the child’s dad is

Unfortunately, every club has a minority of bellend fans, City included as this incident shows.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.