Cars you have had…

My experiences with a few Fords has been bobbins - dealers even worse. I suppose as Vauxhalls are becoming re-bodied Peugeots they may be worth a look. I have always had good experiences with Renaults, Citroens and FIAT's and ad a Skoda Superb on loan for a week which was great and currently drive a Dacia - the best value is always among the more "unfashionable" buys............
Wouldnt touch a Vauxhall with a barge pole. Wife had a couple of them from nearly new, build quality is rubbish and both ended up with EGR problems which were fixed and then came back multiple times afterwards. Peugeots and Citroens are ok but you can tell they are clearly built to a cost, all feels a bit fragile. But I will say that they are generally very comfortable and whilst bits fall off they do keep going.
Cant really go wrong with a Skoda though, tried and tested VW/Audi tech in a different body.

Last edited:
Wouldnt touch a Vauxhall with a barge pole. Wife had a couple of them from nearly new, build quality is rubbish and both ended up with EGR problems which were fixed and then came back multiple times afterwards. Peugeots and Citroens are ok but you can tell they are clearly built to a cost, all feels a bit fragile. But I will say that they are generally very comfortable and whilst bits fall off they do keep going.
Cant really go wrong with a Skoda though, tried and tested VW/Audi tech in a different body.

The thing with Skoda is you ARE getting a VW though. Never got the badge snobbery - which to be fair has diminished over time - I had a Superb on loan ( whilst my C-Max was off the road awaiting repair - again ) for about a week and thought it was a great car well built and equipped. Both my brother-in-law and next door neighbour said it was a lovely car but they could never buy one because of THAT badge........they would rather pay £5k more for a Passat to get the VW badge. Madness.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.