Cars you have had…

My experiences with a few Fords has been bobbins - dealers even worse. I suppose as Vauxhalls are becoming re-bodied Peugeots they may be worth a look. I have always had good experiences with Renaults, Citroens and FIAT's and ad a Skoda Superb on loan for a week which was great and currently drive a Dacia - the best value is always among the more "unfashionable" buys............
What are the Dacia's like?

What are the Dacia's like?

Built to a price of course. I have a 2014 Duster - in some ways its a bit Fisher Price - clunky plastics etc but its all tried and trusted Renault tech. Mines a diesel and pulls like a trooper - round town I can't get it under low 40's mpg and on a run its low 50's - mines a Laureate so its radio/cd/aircon/leccy windaz/central locking/alloys/6spdbox - the lower ones less so. I drove a 4x4 and it was just odd - only 5 gears and the 1st gear is a crawler gear for what is said to be good off road use so you are driving a 4 speed car which has little urgency low down in 2nd to 5th.
Later one's are much better spec - nav + DAB- touch screen etc - the current/new Sandero is actually built on the NEXT-GEN Renault Clio thats how much Renault are investing into a new ever growing brand.
Saw a new Jogger last weekend - they are tremendous value - in short I think they are very very good cars

Last edited:
When I was 23 I owned one of these:

Had a beautiful girlfriend as well and life was sweeeet. I don't know which one was faster, the car or the girlfriend lol! Sadly, both only lasted for 18 months but very happy memories.

Worst Car - my first 'car' Reliant Robin...
Ford Anglia- shocking
Hillman Minx -self destructed
Vauxhall Viva - nearest thing to a tank.
Vauxhall Chevette - rot box
Datsun Sunny- made the Chevette seem solid.

since when they invented cars that didn't rust or catch fire as easily.

Built to a price of course. I have a 2014 Duster - in some ways its a bit Fisher Price - clunky plastics etc but its all tried and trusted Renault tech. Mines a diesel and pulls like a trooper - round town I can't get it under low 40's mpg and on a run its low 50's - mines a Laureate so its radio/cd/aircon/leccy windaz/central locking/alloys/6spdbox - the lower ones less so. I drove a 4x4 and it was just odd - only 5 gears and the 1st gear is a crawler gear for what is said to be good off road use so you are driving a 4 speed car which has little urgency low down in 2nd to 5th.
Later one's are much better spec - nav + DAB- touch screen etc - the current/new Sandero is actually built on the NEXT-GEN Renault Clio thats how much Renault are investing into a new ever growing brand.
Saw a new Jogger last weekend - they are tremendous value - in short I think they are very very good cars
I didn't realise they were Renault based, I am not a car nut lol

in between our posts I built a car which came to under 19k with everything I wanted on it (duster) but then I went and looked online and this came up and it is in our local dealer.

It seems to have every single thing possible on it, done 246 miles (ex-tester no doubt)

Going to have a look at the Sandero and Jogger now.

I agree with your take on the Peugeot. Got two LWB versions at work, panelling must be the bare minimum they can get away with and now all the rear doors are beginning to warp. Oh yeah, the handbrake is on the right hand side next to drivers door!! Only four years old and showing their age. But hey, that's French for ya! Expect the unexpected. Wish the boss had bought some updated Sprinters (best van I've ever driven) but they were double the cost of the Peugeots.
Surprised you didn’t mention the gearbox’s mines has done just over 100k miles and is on its 3rd or 4th gear box!

Yep it is Toyota, anyhow I always get that look when I get a French car. The most reliable cars I've had ? The French ones.

These days though everything seems to be shared across car companies.
Peugeot heaven I did once sample. Light years ahead at one time.

Make me think back a bit this thread…

First car - Saxo 1.0 - Exhaust fell off and a week after the the electrics died in heavy rain on the M62… a lesson in why breakdown cover is needed… I didn’t have it and had the get a mate, his car and some rope to tow me off the motorway.
Fiesta Mk6 - Was an ok car
Golf MK5
Mondeo Mk3
Seat Altea - loved this car for no real reason other than it did everything ever asked of it.
Fiesta Mk5- Had to give the Altea up due a change in financial circumstances. The heating didn’t work which was shit in winter. But it cost £500
Another Mondeo Mk3 - Ghia spec - rolling in luxury but stank of petrol if more than half filled the tank!
C Class Coupe Mk1 - First company car
C Class Saloon Mk3 - Work kindly changed my car as couldn’t fit kids in the back.
Back to the Mondeo after quitting my job and crashed it first day back in it…. Old Ford breaks vs New(ish) Merc breaks…
Saxo as a quick shit I need a cheap car to get me about after the above crash, cost me £350
Citroën Picasso - Awful car, got rid after 3 months.
BMW 3 Series (e46) - Overheated a lot, sold it to a lad who got pulled by the police when driving it home for not having insurance…. He then came round kicking off with me that he didn’t have insurance!
Honda Civic Mk8 - Decent enough car but eventually the gear box went bang and fixing it would cost more than the car was worth.
Ford CMAX - Awful, horrible thing.
Seat Leon Mk3 Estate - Another decent Seat, kept it until 6 months ago when I sold it for £800 more than we paid for it.
All the below have been company cars over the past 4 years:-
Mini Clubman (my first auto - which left me wondering my I ever drove manuals!)- the one with the weird opening rear doors. Was actually great fun to drive.
Renault Captiva - Shit
Peugeot 3008 - Felt like a boat.
Honda Civic Mk10 - Current car. Various things break on it each month. But it has done 102500 miles in just over 3 years…. Unfortunately it is bright fucking red - fleet manager finds this funny, scouse woman (I didn’t get to choose this car).
Had a Audi A4 estate for 4 months whilst my Honda was being repaired after a DPD van went into the back of me on the M5. That Audi was a very nice car.
VW ID4 - On order and due for delivery in November, had an ID3 for a week long test drive and loved it. When I went to order VW we’re no longer taking orders for the ID3 so thought fuck it I’ll get the bigger one - but lower spec :(

Peugeot heaven I did once sample. Light years ahead at one time.

I'd always champion Citroens on Hydropneumatic suspension but Pugs of the 70's 80's and 90's ran them close for ride - I suppose if you know how to do suspension you just know. I am a big fan of the Uno - I had 3 - but the best fun I had in the 80's was in a base model (N was the spec I think? ) 205 - 954cc engine - skinny tyres - no RWW- no headrests - mw/lw/fm radio with 2 speakers - that sort of thing but great fun to drive. Better than the GTI I'd guess - you had to keep the N on the boil and keeping momentum up through roundabouts and bends was a real test of your driving.....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.