CAS judgement: UEFA ban overturned, City exonerated (report out p603)

It has been mentioned a few times already.Still i am going to say it again anyway, whilst i am feeling giddy..

Big thanks To Prestwich,Project, and all the other posters for their informative posts on FFP over the last few months.

You gave us all hope when we needed it most.

Even when i was not a member i came on here to read the posts and followed on Twitter.

I hope all of us City fans have an amazing day today.

Do not underestimate how important this ruling is.It will be a defining moment over the next few years.And our haters all know it.

Woke up multiple times last night... I'm in the states now so when I woke up at 5AM here time... I knew I couldn't get back to sleep knowing the decision was in. Got up and honestly had to prepare myself for the worst... milled around for a few. Had to decide where to go for the news... Opened up this forum and immediately saw the thread "... City exonerated." What a start to a week. Love this forum and this team.
CTID!!!!
GO YOU F##KING BLUES!!!!!!
Yeah baby.

I suspect that UEFA's stance on costs would be that the case might not have gone to CAS if we had co-operated fully with the initial investigation. Bollocks of course but it's what they're likely to say.

You are correct. Where an obligation exists to co-operate with investigators it is not for the subject of the investigation to decide whether or not to co-operate. It's an allegation it's very difficult to lose on and we never denied it anyway but simply offered mitigation.

If you think about it, if non-co-operation was permitted, those who were up to no good would never co-operate thus denying investigators evidence they are entitled to. So whilst we had good trust-related (and probably commercial) reasons not to co-operate, it would be an exceptional ruling to find in our favour. I think that will go to costs but @Shads may be correct as regards arbitration. I've only been involved in High Court proceedings.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.