CAS judgement: UEFA ban overturned, City exonerated (report out p603)

Some scouse knobhead on Talkshite now speculating what would happen if the ECA clubs refuse to play City and PSG. Gough also mentioning that City had the best lawyers and 'got away with it'.
Tony the rentagob scouser. City fan on after him was good though

It's very clear that the press have taken the headline part of the decision about "the alleged breaches reported by the Adjudicatory Chamber of the CFCB were either not established or time-barred." and just reduced it down to "time barred".

So many pieces are coming out about how this is a technical victory, how there's no moral victory, how we just escaped through incompetence over timings. They are going to look so monumentally stupid if the CAS full judgement comes out and most of the charges were decided on the "not established" end of the spectrum and not the time-barred end.

They just never learn. We will be doing all of this again on Friday or whenever CAS publish it.

It's that element and the fact they now talk about FFP being doomed as a result that's is pissing me off. We won the case due to their being inconclusive evidence first and foremost. Therefore we were not in breach of FFP rules. And those rules we did breach (that were changed last minute) were not only time barred but we had already fulfilled a settlement over.

I don't know why I'm pissed off, it's not surprising and we knew this would be the case. I said myself we're guilty regardless of this result. The "technicality" point that the media are running with is to be expected. Most of the "journalists" out there haven't got a grasp of basic journalism standards let alone and knowledge of the laws of FFP or the merits of our case. I quoted Dan Roan earlier who mentioned that the evidence was inconclusive which meant there was evidence. Which is much on a murder trial someone presenting evidence of a weapon and then finding you guilty based on the fact you owned one like it. Only, at appeal, you were able to confirm and provide contrary evidence that your weapon was sat at home. Inconclusive evidence is the same as no evidence in a legal system based on innocent until proven guilty. And we know UEFA had evidence because they felt those hacked emails were enough to go on. It's lazy and it's false information.

Oh well, we won now let's go win the CL and piss in their beloved trophy.

Some scouse knobhead on Talkshite now speculating what would happen if the ECA clubs refuse to play City and PSG. Gough also mentioning that City had the best lawyers and 'got away with it'.

Can we refuse to play Liverpool due to their failings of financial fair play? Which occurred a lot more recently than what City were up before the CAS for, I love how they can brand us cheats but they are more guilty than us, they actually got banned but didn’t qualify. Can we also throw hacking another teams intellectual property in there too? The press are too scared to go near that.

Gough's got away with being a thick as pig-sh!t tw@t for years - doesn't seem to have done him too much harm...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.