CAS judgement: UEFA ban overturned, City exonerated (report out p603)

I know this has been covered but for my benefit can someone explain again please. I thought anything over 5 years old had already been investigated, we had paid our pinch and been released by the settlement agreement. So why is this 'time barring' not a red herring because we had already 'done our time' for any breaches that occurred more than five years ago.
they were trying to say we’d lied and covered up the source of the money. We were originally fined for not making the break even requirements. Chokes them we’ve been profitable for several years since

Just listened to that scouse prick on TS. Fucking clueless. It’s one thing having an opinion on FFP (right or wrong), it’s another entirely to start spewing absolute shite about governments etc. This tit was basically accusing us of getting intelligence agencies involved. Yeah mate, when we heard the charges we got on the blower to James Bond to sort it for us. Cock.

The narrative the media pushing is, they only got off cause the evidence was time barred. Pretty much every paper. What trust I had in the media has been erroded by this saga. They really have no shame.

On Talksport this morning after a few minutes of Danny Murphy actually saying some sensible things about accepting the verdict and how the outcome was the best thing for football, because nobody would really want to win titles or qualify for competitions on the back of better teams being excluded for dubious reasons, the presenter leading the discussion for Talksport basically ignored all that and launched into "Well it's all just about breaches being time barred" - this within an hour of the verdict. Of course I switched off but this was a minor example of a huge societal problem: those in a position to explain the actual facts to a mass audience couldn't give a toss about that, instead they actively encourage and spread disinformation in order to try to maximise their audience.

Lots of vitriol from journalists in The Fail but the comments section is noticeably in our favour. It seems EUFA is almost as unpopular with other fans as it is with us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.