CAS judgement: UEFA ban overturned, City exonerated (report out p603)

Confused.....?
We’ve been accused in the past, and we still are even now, of busting ffp, when we’ve just been through an investigation and an arbitration hearing which proved that we had in fact, conformed at every step, which I am sure is the very thing that all our critics and opponents wanted.
This is far deeper scrutiny than any of those other clubs whose fans are doing most of the wailing.

FFP is coming under scrutiny.

The explanation that it was curbed big losses is constantly trotted out. Yes most top-League clubs appear to be profitable but that is more to do with the massive hike in TV deals than anything else.

FFP has done nothing about the unsustainable debts that the likes of Chelsea, United and others have accrued. Similar with Real Madrid despite dodgy state aid and land deals with the City Council.

The FFP argument hasn’t been resolved. It hasn’t really started yet!

Man this feels better than a CL victory. UEFA and the cartel attempted to destory the club, it was our single greatest threat in the post takeover era and could've been disastrously bad. Buzzing it went our way and our name has been cleared.
I’ve been so happy all day.

It really is brilliant.

Yesterday and all night I couldn’t sleep, what sleep I got was dreaming about court cases.

This morning waiting for 09:30 was horrendous but the feeling afterwards was unbelievable.

Can’t believe we’ve ended the bastards and are A) cleared and B) free to press on as a club now.

I know this has been covered but for my benefit can someone explain again please. I thought anything over 5 years old had already been investigated, we had paid our pinch and been released by the settlement agreement. So why is this 'time barring' not a red herring because we had already 'done our time' for any breaches that occurred more than five years ago.

It is indeed a red herring for the exact reasons you mentioned.

On Talksport this morning after a few minutes of Danny Murphy actually saying some sensible things about accepting the verdict and how the outcome was the best thing for football, because nobody would really want to win titles or qualify for competitions on the back of better teams being excluded for dubious reasons, the presenter leading the discussion for Talksport basically ignored all that and launched into "Well it's all just about breaches being time barred" - this within an hour of the verdict. Of course I switched off but this was a minor example of a huge societal problem: those in a position to explain the actual facts to a mass audience couldn't give a toss about that, instead they actively encourage and spread disinformation in order to try to maximise their audience.
‘Four legs good, two legs better’ as someone once wrote..(!!)

Anyone reckon UEFA added the time past failure of FFP, knowing full well it would get backhealed. But obviously CAS mention in the report, then we still looked guilty as UEFA knew they couldn't win.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.