CAS judgement: UEFA ban overturned, City exonerated (report out p603)

Funny, as the only people gutted right now are those two, their cronies, and the legions of uneducated tribal football supporters who they rely on for their click revenue.

City and us are bliss!

Unbelievably, incredibly coincidental though wasn't it?

Just months after a club trying to grab a seat at the top table are purchased by someone with deep pockets, a restrictive ruling comes in.

These guys can see it 100%, but they daren't address it, for fear of the verbal onslaught and drop in ratings.

Well this is just about as defamatory as it gets. Clearly this channel can't afford their own lawyers. Dave Kitson has just finished his chances of ever getting the PFA job. At one point he accuses City of dragging the process out by not complying with CAS! He essentially accuses Pep of lying. His quote being: "I don't believe a single word Pep has said." Chris Sutton looked astonished. Where has this narrative come about City dragging their feet. UEFA launched their investigation at the last minute after pressure from Cartel clubs. How is that our fault? We made it clear we would not co-operate with them and go directly to CAS. Why would any organisation supply confidential financial information to a corrupt body whch was leaking it to the media and our business rivals?

Why couldn’t Uefa hire lawyers as good as ours? Are they fucking skint?

Well this is just about as defamatory as it gets. Clearly this channel can't afford their own lawyers. Dave Kitson has just finished his chances of ever getting the PFA job. At one point he accuses City of dragging the process out by not complying with CAS! He essentially accuses Pep of lying. His quote being: "I don't believe a single word Pep has said." Chris Sutton looked astonished. Where has this narrative come about City dragging their feet. UEFA launched their investigation at the last minute after pressure from Cartel clubs. How is that our fault? We made it clear we would not co-operate with them and go directly to CAS. Why would any organisation supply confidential financial information to a corrupt body whch was leaking it to the media and our business rivals?

I can hardly believe what I’ve just watched.

Projectdriver or prestwich blue,do you think the club would have received the full documents about the appeal by now and are being perused over by our legal team ??
I don't know Swiss law but I have been involved with arbitration cases in the UK. And in those cases both parties (via their lawyers) got both the preliminary decision and then the final judgement 24 hours (on a normal working day basis so Friday for Monday) ahead of the media release. One of these cases was very high profile in terms of media coverage.
There was also a comms process where each party involved, including the ruling panel, gave each other advance notice of the three press statements which went out at the same time. That was based on courtesy between the lawyers rather than any legal process. There may be lots of bitterness between City and UEFA but the lawyers are usually pragmatic. On this basis I would expect City's top people to see the judgement before it goes out. It's not like a criminal court where everyone waits for the judge.

I was hoping that based on the award from CAS1 where McDougall slapped down Leterme for his hysterical reaction to the accusations of leaking we might get a little bit of a "Why the fuck did you bring this loser of a case?" kind of comment, even through diplomatic legalese.

Given CAS already seems to have established in the PSG case when the clock starts ticking on the time sensitive UEFA decisions, to make the same argument about whether something is time-barred or not seems like wasting the courts time.

I suspect Monday's decision came as close as CAS will come to saying this.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.