CAS judgement: UEFA ban overturned, City exonerated (report out p603)

Some people are up his arse but you can really feel Sam Lee’s frustration in his tweets today. Just going on about how the final award needs to show City were completely not guilty and aren’t just using loopholes etc.

To be fair to him he’s probably had to delete about 5 full articles he had planned for if we were banned.

Tbf to Sam, what he needs to do is come out and say, City disengaged from the process when they felt that UEFA hadn't looked at our 100page file and that the New York Times were getting leaked information attributed to UEFA. They felt it was clear that the process was not working, so they went straight to the horses mouth, otherwise know as CAS. In that action, yes, we did not cooperate, but that was the price we had to pay to get a fair hearing.

My old Director, who still works for us in sales, has shared Samuel’s article and has become outraged at what’s going on.

He’s a Preston fan.

Hopefully more and more wake up.

The comments on his article are funny, people genuinely think we’ve got away with it and are guilty.
That shows the power of a poisonous media
and even worse social media. People dont think for themselves and just swallow the crap they get spoon fed.
They don't seem to register the hypocrisy of the teams who play in red and their media lapdogs. Going on holiday is always an eye opener when you see people from different parts of the country and the lies they genuinely believe is truth.

Tariq Panja on the Guardian Podcast..."City were bought the year before FFP was announced. That must be gutting because you've got all of this money, you wanna spend it and suddenly this rule has appeared" (*cue chuckles from Barney).

Tariq Panja on the Guardian Podcast..."City were bought the year before FFP was announced. That must be gutting because you've got all of this money, you wanna spend it and suddenly this rule has appeared" (*cue chuckles from Barney).
Funny, as the only people gutted right now are those two, their cronies, and the legions of uneducated tribal football supporters who they rely on for their click revenue.

City and us are bliss!

Do we think UEFA are actually that disappointed in this decision? Financially for them, if Leicester City end up finishing 4th. Us being there, instead of Leicester, is probably beneficial to them.

I know they probably don't like it when we take the spot of say, the rags. Since the rags being out of the CL loses them viewers (i assume).

But at some point, you would think that we are big enough to actually matter to them. After all, we are one of the best teams in the world with a decent following that is also managed by Pep Guardiola. One of the greatest coaches of all time. That's gotta count for something?

48 hours on from proving our innocence and total exonoration via 3 independent arbitrators, the fewm and boiling piss, bitterness and hatred the jealousy and revulsion is stronger than ever.
I fucking love it, we're in the heads of other teams fans, managers, directors, journalists, TV pundits, news presenters the lot, suck it in buttercups coz not a single fuck is given.

Kitson, is this the proven racist who is or was running for the PFA job.
And he should now be getting a letter from our legal team. Does the club understand how pissed off us fans are of the lies, media spins, attacks on the club that goes unpunished with our club doing nothing and our PR team being ineffective.

Well this is just about as defamatory as it gets. Clearly this channel can't afford their own lawyers. Dave Kitson has just finished his chances of ever getting the PFA job. At one point he accuses City of dragging the process out by not complying with CAS! He essentially accuses Pep of lying. His quote being: "I don't believe a single word Pep has said." Chris Sutton looked astonished. Where has this narrative come about City dragging their feet. UEFA launched their investigation at the last minute after pressure from Cartel clubs. How is that our fault? We made it clear we would not co-operate with them and go directly to CAS. Why would any organisation supply confidential financial information to a corrupt body whch was leaking it to the media and our business rivals?

The whole of your post is absolutely true, regrettably, and the bolded point gets to the heart of it. People have made up their minds that City cheated so now they have no interest in the details of the case. Forget that we were punished for past breaches and entered into a settlement/reporting regime that should have put them to bed. Forget that we had to endure a process featuring apparently spurious allegations deriving from the period covered by the settlement and reporting regime. No, they know we're guilty, even if they can't quite put their finger on how or why, so we have to be punished. The facts are irrelevant for these people.

On my Twitter timeline this morning, I've witnessed a conversation between two law professors (FFS!) talking about how this case shows that governing bodies need to be careful in their drafting of limitation provisions to ensure that they can go after past breaches. Now, they could be right, but they may very well not be. My strong suspicion is that the time-barred allegations will be practically identical to those with respect to which CAS found for City on the merits and we therefore didn't simply escape punishment on a timing technicality. As I say, I may be wrong on that but the point here is that you have two people who should fucking well know a lot better leaping, spurred on by their own bias, to a conclusion based on a short press statement rather than waiting for the full judgment.

It's been a contention of many City fans for ages that we're up against an onslaught led by rivals determined to do anything to stop us in our tracks, supported by a supine media deploying a welter of what these days seems to be called 'fake news' (I prefer the old-school term 'lies') to dupe the masses. Some, including me for a while, were sceptical about this or at least about the extent of it. No more, because since Monday's verdict we've seen the full measure of what we're up against in all its grotesque ugliness.

Let them bring it on, I say. In 45 years of following City, I've always felt that our fans are at their best when up against it, especially when we have a manager to rally behind who 'gets' that underdog mentality. For all the wonderful things Guardiola has brought us, we perhaps haven't had that since Mancini, but I've been delighted with Pep's reaction this week. So let's all of us now band together (club, fans, management and players) and create a siege mentality. Every win sticks it to these c*nts who are desperate to do us down, so let's all focus on that and glory in every achievement that we know will only hurt them.
Very well said, pal.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.