CAS judgement: UEFA ban overturned, City exonerated (report out p603)

The €10m fine tells you they did not sympathise too much with City on that issue.

They must have been reasonably sympathetic to cut UEFA's €30m fine for not cooperating down to €10m.

Also if they thought the non-cooperation was as serious as the breaches (which I think they would if the idea that the obstruction is what stopped UEFA proving their case had merit) they could have kept the ban for obstruction or made it 1 year, couldn't they?

I reckon he’s just become number one on my hate list. Clear agenda against City, what a ****.

I didnt think City dragged their feet I thought City were charged with only a few hours left of the 5 year rule. City didnt have time to reply ... that bloke from 'Norwich' is a right knobhead

UEFA quite clearly messed up when they hired the best lawyers they could to fight their case when they should have hired rival fans and Stephen Warnock as they know everything.

scouse Warnock, a fool of the highest order. must be hard to find pundits when kids from the kindergarten are rounded up to put some words together even if contradictory and incoherent for Sky.

The €10m fine tells you they did not sympathise too much with City on that issue.
A lot better than £27m though in the grand scheme of things. You are right though you can never really expect CAS to be too soft on non-cooperation.However it was a very bold move of City to go straight to CAS and bypass UEFA. It could have backfired but in the end it may have been crucial.

It does seem strange to the layman that CAS are basically saying UEFA can hold an investigation in an incompetent and slapdash manner but the clubs have no choice but to go along with it.
That's what the Birmingham Six thought about West Midlands Police. The problem for CAS is they can never be seen to be endorsing people who just abuse the agreed process by not-cooperating...even when the process is incompetent.

Still strange they reduced the fine by 2/3rds.

The final written judgement will be interesting to say the least.
They must have been reasonably sympathetic to cut UEFA's €30m fine for not cooperating down to €10m.

Also if they thought the non-cooperation was as serious as the breaches (which I think they would if the idea that the obstruction is what stopped UEFA proving their case had merit) they could have kept the ban for obstruction or made it 1 year, couldn't they?

These assume the monetary fine was all originally related to non cooperation. I doubt it. So 2/3 easily could come off due to the main charges falling away

Yes there is a lot of mileage in that. If UEFA knew there wasn't a cat in hells chance of winning then the questions have to be asked why the case was ever brought. Even worse why they had the audacity to hand down a two year ban based on flimsy evidence if it wasn't to damage our reputation.
They may well do the same thing to a Swiss Court. Media behind them with the guilty City again and UEFA forced to pay for it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.