CAS judgement: UEFA ban overturned, City exonerated (report out p603)

Kitson says City dragged there heels, the time bar is nonsense and he does not even understand why there is a time bar.

I thought it was UEFA rules that set the time bar limit of 5 years. I thought the charges related to 2012-2016, so mostly over 5 years ago. Why is this idiot Kitson so obtuse?

“He doesn’t even understand” - we’ll why his he invited, never mind why did he actually accept, the platform to speak on the matter?

Bankrupt footballer Paul Kitson accused of blowing £25,000 on betting rather than paying debts
The ex-Premier League striker, 47, was declared bust 12 months ago after at least two businesses failed

wrong bloke.
The twat in the video is Dave Kitson.

Defo we were given a 2 year ban expecting it be reduced to 1 which was job done for our name and brand to be permanently damaged !
I'd say we were given a 2-season ban to take us out of the game, as it would have cost us probably close to £250m over those 2 years and probably another 2 or 3 at least beyond that to recovery anything like the state we are now, if we ever would. That was the price of avoiding a breakaway of the G-14.

Look, it has played out. The entire footballing world held their breath over the weekend when it was announced the decision was coming on Monday, and then they got their explanation spoon fed to them and they've moved on from "what happened?" mode.

The full award would need to include sections on why Rick Parry was dancing naked during the CAS hearing screaming racist nursery rhymes to recapture the attention of the audience and make them pay attention again and change their minds.

I'm not hysterical, i'm not even that miserable, just resigned to the fact the club's not controlled this well and that regardless of the intricacies of why we didn't get banned, it's a huge PR defeat.
I’m sorry but that last paragraph is complete bollocks

You lot getting your knickers in a twist about the odd shitty irrelevant pundit’s take on this is pretty funny.

We won. Much of the narrative since has been positive. It will get more positive when the full judgement is released. City have put Pep into bat nicely and there will be more leaks/releases through the right channels in time, I’m sure.

We as a club have behaved with dignity throughout and have the spoils.

At long last a post of sense and perspective to counter some of the paranoid dross we've been treated to. There seems to have been an attack of almost collective amnesia. Let me remind everyone that in the last ten years our club, little citeh, the national laughing stock have won 4 PL titles, 4 league cups and 2 FA cups (as well as runners up once) and we can throw in 3 community shields. I think that's all but we've won so many I lose count! Off the pitch things are at least as good. Sheikh Mansour bought the club in 2008 for £90 million and paid off the debts. Revenue was about £79 million pa. He has invested some £1.5 billion just in City and (say) £1 billion in the other members of the group, although I suspect that's an overestimate. City's own revenue stands at over half a billion a year. The CFG now has major investment from American and Chinese conglomerates and is worth - not valued but made worth, by actual investment - $5.5 billion. That represents a pretty hefty return for the Sheikh, but it also means City have little to fear if "the Sheikh walks away". I reckon that's a pretty good decade as decades go at City!

And what's happened to our rivals, the awesome cartel? Stony broke, borrowing right left and centre and hardly a trophy between the lot of them and so desperate they have to rely on a set of ready bent rules to ruin us. But we are not the little guys here. We don't need to break their rules to win. Khaldoon tells them that any independent court will rule in our favour, and it does. And any rules which are bent enough to hurt us will absolutely destroy them. The only thing they can do is to pick up their bat and wickets and go and play somewhere else with their own little gang.

So, for god's sake let's shut up about City being passive and supine, taking everything the cartel throw at us. At the moment the cartel are flat on the canvas and he ref's checking VAR to make sure he's actually said "ten".

As regards the "time-barring" comments in the media, I'd point out that the time restrictions placed on enforcement action aren't just random time limits self-imposed for no reason, they are there to reflect Article 6 of the EHCR, the right to a fair trial and, in particular, the right to have your hearing held within "a reasonable time". The fact that UEFA decided that the principles of the right to a fair trial don't apply to City and that it should over-ride its own rules tells its own story.
Limitation periods are also there to provide certainty and finality to parties.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.