CAS judgement: UEFA ban overturned, City exonerated (report out p603)

This is what I see as the key point about the fine. CAS are the appeal and arbitration court for a multitude of sports. The governance of those sports depends on the appropriate governing bodies having rules and regs and their members agreeing to abide by the rules and to cooperate with an investigation if there's a suspected breach of those rules - without that you'd have near-anarchy in some sports. CAS had to bear in mind the wider implications if they decided not to punish City at all on the non-cooperation charge. I agree that CAS probably understood the reasons for not cooperating and reflected that by cutting the fine to 10m.
I agree with your general point but the cynic in me thinks these tribunals must be a nice little earner for the legal profession and they don't want to reduce the money making opportunities. What if everyone ignored the sports body and went straight to CAS!

Bang on the money. We kept our council but eventually had no choice left but to take on the biggest dog of them all and we took it down with a bang. That is how big players operate. Quietly. The world knows that now despite a bit of bleating from the defeated.

Our fans need to lose the victim status. The project could be about to reach its pinnacle, it’s absolute nadir, if David Silva lifts the champions league this summer for our exonerated club. Imagine how that will feel following this ruling?
"Zenith" not "nadir".

There's more to it than that. Our owners' integrity, honour & probity has been dragged through the mud, which is not a good thing to do in the Arab world. There will be repercussions.

Hopefully something to do with LFC that you have alluded to , together with others who have been instrumental in causing such damage to the reputations of both the owners and the club as an entity.

How was the CAS trial conducted?

Was each side present when the opposition presented their case or is there a chance UEFA don't know if it really was anything do with the 5 year limitation? In other words, that could have a been UEFA guessing until they know what City put forward. Also it gave them one last swipe at City by suggesting it was a technicality for the press to run with for a bit longer.

I get the impression quite a few things could have time barring on them. I think that maybe to do with the Aabar stuff that was according to David Conn in the 2014 agreement contract. They monitored us from 2014-2016. If it's the values they had a problem with and City's accounts were clear about everything, surely the time to raise any issues on the values, was during the time they were supposed to be monitoring us.

How was the CAS trial conducted?

Was each side present when the opposition presented their case or is there a chance UEFA don't know if it really was anything do with the 5 year limitation? In other words, that could have a been UEFA guessing until they know what City put forward. Also it gave them one last swipe at City by suggesting it was a technicality for the press to run with for a bit longer.

I get the impression quite a few things could have time barring on them. I think that maybe to do with the Aabar stuff that was according to David Conn in the 2014 agreement contract. They monitored us from 2014-2016. If it's the values they had a problem with and City's accounts were clear about everything, surely the time to raise any issues on the values, was during the time they were supposed to be monitoring us.
we all know it was done to damage our reputation with pressure from the g14

Either City and their legal team were very clever, or UEFA and their in-house legal team were very thick.

Article 37.

22306372-7692-4742-9395-3-EC162-E3-C597.png

https://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/Download/uefaorg/Clublicensing/02/60/83/59/2608359_DOWNLOAD.pdf

Between 2012-2016.

5-A405137-DCD0-4-FA1-B528-FF169-B277447.jpg

https://www.uefa.com/insideuefa/about-uefa/news/025a-0f8e7535cab3-07272066f9f6-1000--club-financial-control-body-adjudicatory-chamber-decision-on-ma/?referrer=/insideuefa/about-uefa/news/newsid=2638659

Our legal team did not need to be particularly clever to realise that any alleged breaches which occurred more than 5 years before the date we were notified of the decision - around 14th Feb 2020 - were time-barred.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.