CAS judgement: UEFA ban overturned, City exonerated (report out p603)

The story was that they obtained and used the log in credentials of a former colleague at City. Their own had been cancelled. Still woeful cyber security though.
Which is probably why we settled. While the Liverpool employees responsible have almost certainly committed criminal offences under the Computer Misuse Act and the Data Protection Act, City would also have been open to civil enforcement from the ICO under the latter legislation for failing to properly secure personal data

For those few posters who seem the most knowledgeable on this subject @projectriver @Prestwich_Blue - what would the main reasoning for the final judgment still not being released be?
To go from a couple of days to well over a week, will there be any significance or is it likely nothing more than sitting the I’s and crossing the T’s ?
To be honest I was quite surprised when CAS said the full judgement would be up "in a few days". That seemed unusually quick by the standards of these things, as it usually take weeks. On Monday evening Omar Berrada said it was expected Wednesday so I can only assume there's some last-minute wrangling over some details.

Which is probably why we settled. While the Liverpool employees responsible have almost certainly committed criminal offences under the Computer Misuse Act and the Data Protection Act, City would also have been open to civil enforcement from the ICO under the latter legislation for failing to properly secure personal data
Not sure I totally agree with that, mate. Pretty sure an offence of simple fraud has been made out too, based on the narrative as I understand it.

Not sure I totally agree with that, mate. Pretty sure an offence of simple fraud has been made out too, based on the narrative as I understand it.
I know a bit about DPA1998/2018 but, of course, I bow to m’learned friend’s significantly greater knowledge and experience of what would constitute someone being considered a fraud ;)

The ICO has been increasingly looking to prosecute under the Computer Misuse Act rather than the DPA in cases of hacking/unlawful access to personal data for commercial gain. This is because the former legislation carries custodial sentences while the data protection act offences are only punishable by a fine

You have to piece several reports together. There is no overarching run down on all his activities. No doubt this will emerge during and after the trial. He has admitted being the source of the Luanda leaks. Here are the documents he had.
https://www.icij.org/investigations/luanda-leaks/read-the-luanda-leaks-documents/
Edit PS. You are right about the Portugese judiciary.
PPS Here is part of it.
http://josimarfootball.com/the-portuguese-case-against-rui-pinto/
It was the josimarfootball link I was thinking of, cheers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.