CAS judgement: UEFA ban overturned, City exonerated (report out p603)

We all know why Uefa went ahead with such a blatantly weak case. Question is, does the media understand this? And would they mount their attacks on us anyway? Whiff of racism here.

This might sum it up. From a mate's FB page:

So the full CAS judgment is out. CAS says, again, that there is no evidence that City disguised equity funding as sponsorship.

CAS also said if UEFA had seen the evidence that was presented by City to CAS at the appeal, they would've probably come to the same conclusion.

But UEFA didn't REQUEST that info from City before delivering the two-year ban.

UEFA was under pressure to act from the G14 clubs and offered up a terribly weak case because there was NO infraction from City, something many City fans had already worked out for themselves, as the evidence clearing City was already in the public domain.

What a hilarious balls-up by UEFA and the 'Hateful Nine'.
Corrected.

Any news on the Premier League’s investigation? ;)
dog-tails-tucked2.jpg

@Prestwich_Blue
A majority of the (three person) panel felt that we had acted legitimately. I assume that means we won on a majority 2-1 decision. If UEFA's case was so flimsy, how can one panel member have supported them? I'd be surprised if the media didn't make something of this.
I'm not sure you can presume that it means 2-1, it's used throughout the document and just seems to be a legal way of stating things.

Edit: In fact don't CAS operate by the two members chosen by the parties, put forward their judgement and if they agree, then the president of the panel doesn't comment?

The Etihad will be absolutely buzzing when we’re allowed back in.
The faith in our owners will never be higher, and this whole UEFA/CAs episode I feel will galvanize the club to greater success.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.