CAS judgement: UEFA ban overturned, City exonerated (report out p603)

This would seem from inital reactions to be better than we could of hoped for. Uefa trying to use emails from before even FFP was introduced, using merged emails to make them look worse, those two things alone just prove how flawed this whole process was. It sounds utterly unanimous that CAS have cleared City here and all the blame sits squarely with UEFA. No wonder City were so confident and didnt accept any cut down punsihment.

Because one was a UEFA chosen one,we had our choice then there was a totally independent one

I think that's a leap - the UEFA selection may have been entirely straight.

The "a majority" statement is used many times, I didn't note anything saying "unanimous" so it is possibly standard wording - happy to be proved wrong if the whole thing can be made searchable (beyond my tech!)

What the FUCK were UEFA thinking?

I'm telling you now, they themselves were not the driving force for this, it was the shadowy **** clubs in the background, a last hail mary and they fucked it.

Good stuff!
Someone posted this on bluevibe and totally agree
This organised bunch of clubs, both within the premier league and europe should be named and the exact nature of their lobbying, how they are organised and what they have been doing should be made public. Would also be useful if Uefa made clear their position on 'organised cartels' creating an uneven playing field for newer clubs in the champions league.

I'm not sure you can presume that it means 2-1, it's used throughout the document and just seems to be a legal way of stating things.
To be fair, if it's a three person panel then the majority would be two whereas if all three ruled one way it would be detailed as unanimously I'd imagine.

The best bit of all this is

1. UEFA's "evidence" was based on emails hacked by a criminal. Which let's have it right is wank.

2. Those emails were "chopped" and "doctored" to create a "story" that didn't actually exist. Which is even more wank.

3. City have always righty referred to these emails as "out of context". The CAS judgement proves City to be right about this.

Just think about that for a minute. It's akin to some 7 year olds "sending notes" in class and getting clocked by the teacher.

This is supposed to be the body running the game and overseeing FFP?

The mind boggles.

To be fair to City, I can see why we said "not dealing with you daft ****s" to UEFA.

To be fair, if it's a three person panel then the majority would be two whereas if all three ruled one way it would be detailed as unanimously I'd imagine.

Sorry, I was making an edit as you quoted me.

I'm not sure you can presume that it means 2-1, it's used throughout the document and just seems to be a legal way of stating things.

Edit: In fact don't CAS operate by the two members chosen by the parties, put forward their judgement and if they agree, then the president of the panel doesn't comment?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.