CAS judgement: UEFA ban overturned, City exonerated (report out p603)

Obstructing a UEFA investigation, whether innocent or not, was deemed sufficiently worthy of a heavy fine, albeit reduced. 100,000 euros initial UEFA hearing costs also to be paid by City. CAS legal costs to be shared - not sure why.
Have just tweded the shit Harris but doubt the knob will even trade it !

Surely we did appeal the original 2 year ban AND 30 million euro fine when we went to CAS? CAS overturned the ban and reduced the fine to 10 million euros. Wasn't that the appeal ?
CAS pointed out that UEFA didn't specify what the fine was specifically for or broke it down. So it wasn't 'reduced' as such, CAS decided that was a fair amount for our non-cooperation. CAS said that if we gave UEFA the same evidence we gave to CAS then it would never have needed to go to appeal, I think we were just pissed off with them by that point.

What people need to understand is the media are looking for any negative morsal to feast on. Otherwise it's a non story as far as their concerned. The Cartel fans would rather pull their own teeth out than read that City were wronged.

Last edited:
Which makes the fine a little harsh in my mind

It comes out in the wash, I guess. For the rules to work then clubs need to cooperate with authorities, and City didn't do that. In CAS's eyes, the whole mess could have been avoided if City had given their evidence over, even if they didn't fully trust the process. I can see why people are a bit peeved by it, but the club will have priced that in, including some of the bad press, and acted accordingly. As far as I can tell, this is as good as we could have hoped for. There is egg on the faces of Uefa, half the Premier League, and a significant chunk of journalists, and we have a chance to go on and win it before signing 3 or 4 world class players - the fine doesn't mean that much in the grand scheme of things.

Can’t wait for the BBC to be fucked off.

Fucking Paedos.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/contact/complaints/make-a-complaint/#/Complaint

Pretty sure the BBC bosses don't understand what's going on in their northern outpost. The shite put out by the red infested media city goes so against the supposed core BBC principles it's laughable.

Also I find it amazing that our jingoistic little Britain press choose to side with a corrupt European organisation that is trying to fit up an English club on the basis of doctored emails. They'll be slagging off brexit and princess Diana next

CAS pointed out that UEFA didn't specify what the fine was specifically for or broke it down. So it wasn't 'reduced' as such, CAS decided that was a fair amount for our non-cooperation. CAS said that if we gave UEFA the same evidence we gave to CAS then it would never have needed to go to appeal, I think we were just pissed off with them by that point.
They were never going to find us not guilty,they gave us two year ban on nothing,our lawyers played a blinder,well done Monica and team

Now it's offical that the emails were not only hacked but doctored could the club bring criminal proceedings against whoever hacked or supplied uefa with these documents.
Have you never heard of Rui Pinto? And UEFA got them from the media, the same as we all did.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.