CAS judgement: UEFA ban overturned, City exonerated (report out p603)

I think City were probably saying this is a joke, we’ve told you they’re hacked and they’re out of context. There is no case. Hoping that it would end there.

UEFA were sufficiently pressured to pursue even without evidence, calling us out to produce said evidence at Cas or if we were bluffing they would be vindicated.

Both sides “called” essentially to bets and bluffs and when the cards were shown we had the full house and they had a pair of 2s.

A pair of 2s? That good a hand?!

We gave them the documents in due time.
We refused to comply with a Kangaroo Court in the run up to that point. Not providing witnesses to be brought before the UEFA hanging court seems to be the main issue.
It was witnesses and financial documentation. Don’t get me wrong I get and agree with why we did it, but it is unarguable that this was a breach of Art 56.

It was witnesses and financial documentation. Don’t get me wrong I get and agree with why we did it, but it is unarguable that this was a breach of Art 56.
Absolutely - but cooperating with your own hanging is generally not a good idea.

Der Spiegel? Yes, undoubtedly. They had the full email chains with dates but decided to cherry pick, redact dates, edit contents and actually combine 2 into 1.

UEFA only had the published emails (the exact same ones we could read). They asked DS for access or more information and DS told them to speak to Pinto. UEFA decided not to do that, presumably because Pinto is holding on to them looking for a deal and they're aware of that. That said CAS did pull UEFA up for asking us for information and then not bothering to follow up when we ignored them. UEFA really don't come out of this very well.

I haven't read the whole thread, but do we know who doctored the e-mails?
Germany have a press ombudsman, like the UK, https://www.presserat.de/en.html. If Der Spiegel have falsified or used falsified e-mails then it must be worth making a complaint(s) to presserat about their standards of journalism.

Who can complain?
Anyone can complain to the German Press Council – whether personally affected or not, whether private individual, association or party. We accepts complaints on all kinds of journalistic work that has been published in a newspaper, a magazine or on the internet. However the Press Council does not deal with free sheets or private homepages. Also the Press Council is not dealing with radio, television or advertisements.
The complaint is free of charge. The Press Council is not dealing with legal issues.

Why did we do it and what have we gained by doing it?

All I can see is a very substantial fine, censure by CAS for not co-operating and an open goal for the media to infer we were hiding evidence.

Exactly and rightly so. CAS has to believe UEFA work within the relevant laws and as the regulatory body they conduct investigations appropriately. If we didn't provide evidence we deserved a fine but in the grand scheme we had to play it that way as UEFA don't work impartially.

A great result for City.

The impression I also get is that CAS are very diplomatic when writing up their reports so even if they feel UEFA have conducted a bent investigation they can’t actually say that in their report, hence why the strongest language they’ve used against UEFA in all this is the word “worrisome” in relation to the leaks.

I truly wish and hope (though not in any real expectations) that the club from next season will contact all the football day media organisations that attend games at City and state they are required to submit the credentials of any and all their representatives and there after City will only grant access to SQEP reporters on a game by game basis and that only 1 representative from any and all of the spiteful 9 clubs will be allowed to attend matches at the Etihad until further notice ............ PLEASE
I know why and fully understand why you posted that but imo, that would make things worse by further alienating the club from the mainstream media

giphy.gif

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.