CAS judgement: UEFA ban overturned, City exonerated (report out p603)

Anyone clear this up? From the findings relating to the fine it sounds like we didn’t co-operate at all pretty much but then page 28 - section 48 seems to contradict this.

The next page also states CFCB breached its obligations of process.
That section is what MCFC say, not what the panel found. We give our reasons why but they were not accepted.

Manchester City fans were criticised for questioning the integrity of the UEFA Adjudicatory Chamber, but now a journalist from the Guardian Media Group's journalist is questioning the independence of CAS, https://www.dumptheguardian.com/foo...city-over-sponsor-money-time-barred-cas-rules .

I think it's legitimate for a journalist to campaign, and source information pertinent to a story but a liberal newspaper should also question authority, and should be independent of it. I'd have thought UEFA, the G14, and far right football officials would be a far more natural organisations for scrutiny than a football club part-owned by an Emirati?

The Guardian Media Group is free to publish what it likes, and should remain free to do so, but Manchester City supporters should also be free to criticise and will naturally form their own opinion as to whether it's sensible to contribute towards a commercial news organisation which is such a fervent supporter of the footballing establishment.

I haven't read the whole thread, but do we know who doctored the e-mails?
Germany have a press ombudsman, like the UK, https://www.presserat.de/en.html. If Der Spiegel have falsified or used falsified e-mails then it must be worth making a complaint(s) to presserat about their standards of journalism.

Who can complain?
Anyone can complain to the German Press Council – whether personally affected or not, whether private individual, association or party. We accepts complaints on all kinds of journalistic work that has been published in a newspaper, a magazine or on the internet. However the Press Council does not deal with free sheets or private homepages. Also the Press Council is not dealing with radio, television or advertisements.
The complaint is free of charge. The Press Council is not dealing with legal issues.

Posted earlier, DS claim that the emails were verified as authentic so only they could have altered them to suit.

Der Spiegel for sure.

https://www.spiegel.de/internationa...-leaks-whistleblower-rui-pinto-a-1251121.html

DER SPIEGEL and the EIC investigative reporting network nevertheless decided to work with the whistleblower's documents. Three aspects were decisive: Pinto's data is authentic; it is of strong public interest; and, on top of this, Pinto never interfered with the verification of the documents. He allowed the journalists to carry out their research on the material independently. Journalists, after all, need to be able to independently review which content is in the public interest.

I am surprised that many find media reaction so biased. We have a media thread that grows and grows so it should come as no surprise to discover that among 98 pages of detail there is a focal point that the media can feed on.

We deliberately brought on CAS because we lost all trust in a leaky UEFA. Then CAS found us guilty of non compliance. Ammo for the media with our real victory ignored.

We lose a compliance battle to win the war on the main FFP charge.

I know why and fully understand why you posted that but imo, that would make things worse by further alienating the club from the mainstream media

Its too late for that, we are already alienated from the media. look at the headlines they are writing, ignoring the fact that we did not inflate our income. I would refuse entry to any that have wrote misleading defamatory headlines.

It says they were found guilty of not co-operating with UEFA, but we all knew that beforehand .... the club were convinced that they never gonna get a fair trial out of a bent organisation like UEFA , so they simply just blanked them until they could get a fair trial off someone else!

how dare you nick my user name ?? there is only one ancoats on bluemoon haahahah

I think a statement from Khaldoon is imminent.
Above and beyond the normal end of season report and a detailed explanation of the CAS report I expect him to send out a powerful message to the media. It is well overdue.
Time to silence the whispers!
Thing is there not whispering, they are shouting from the tree tops, City need to cut them down & strangle the barstewards

Why did we do it and what have we gained by doing it?

All I can see is a very substantial fine, censure by CAS for not co-operating and an open goal for the media to infer we were hiding evidence.
MCFC rightly believed that had the sensitive and redacted info that was provided to CAS been released to UEFA directly that it would have been leaked and due to the obvious agenda may have been insufficient to actually find that we hadn’t breached FFP. They therefore waited until the matter was with CAS to do so and as a result won and got the clear agenda and poor evidence shown up for what it was. It was a calculated risk that absolutely in my humble opinion came off.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.