CAS judgement: UEFA ban overturned, City exonerated (report out p603)

I do, however, feel the attacks will continue from various quarters but that’s nothing new and as annoying as it is, I think we’re all getting used to it by now.

It's like living next door to someone with a small yapping dog that's harmless but really annoying
One day it'll get into your garden and you will have the opportunity to shut it up

Interestingly The Times headline this morning as syndicated to Apple News said “Man City ‘lied to CAS’” but it has now been changed to “Man City deny Der Spiegel claims”.

This is it...to me it looks like other fans like a lot of us are bored to fuck of it & have moved on...its only saddos like Conn ,Evan's & that crackpot Nick Harris that are still desperately clutching at straws because they've been made to look like fuckin amateur fanzine fanboys with an agenda....

Exactly. The story had pretty much died a death in the fortnight following the appeal result and only flared up again when the more detailed report came out on Monday. That was mainly thanks to various click-bait journos ignoring the important points and picking out anything that could be a perceived slight on the club. By yesterday it was dying on its arse again, then DS came out with that new article and that has already died on its arse. So to sum up:

The frenzy that ensued from the initial public announcement of the CAS result took about a week or so to die out
The frenzy that ensued from the publication of the more detailed CAS report took about 48 hours to die out
The frenzy that ensued from the latest Der Spiegel article took about 6 hours to die out

There’s a pattern developing here!

Liverpool supporting Jonathan Liew's article in today's Guardian is evidence of this. They want to cherry pick between 'good' and 'bad' private capital. It's one step from racism, indeed much of the propaganda against Manchester City has taken that tone for years.
Especially given that American billionaires are among the most venal, avaricious and malign forces on the planet.

Nick Harris, Conn, and Panja all ran with it so some of them did stick their heads above the parapet but by and large the wider media haven’t. Even Harris - who was like a dog with 2 dicks when he first tweeted about it yesterday - was pretty much brought back down to earth after @projectriver put him straight.
I honestly don’t think these latest “revelations” amount to anything that is remotely concerning and it just smacks of Der Spiegel’s one last desperate throw of the dice, plus it was perhaps partially done to deflect from their own disgraceful behaviour when doctoring one of the previous e-mails. I do, however, feel the attacks will continue from various quarters but that’s nothing new and as annoying as it is, I think we’re all getting used to it by now.

I’m inclined to agree with you. The Pearce email to Etihad in particular could easily have been written with his governmental hat on rather than his City one - and of course no surprise that Der Spiegel don’t acknowledge that very real possibility. I am still surprised by the dearth of coverage in the papers though, because the name of the game is still to condition the public into demanding “action” be taken against us (again).

was in Mail straightaway last night (online). Not sure if it’s in the actual newspaper as don’t buy it!

It’s been removed from the online version, which given the almost infinite space that medium provides (remember it’s a “paper” that finds room for at least 20 hatchet jobs a day on Megan Markle), I found surprising

Agreed, so how do we fight back against this unacceptable and immoral action? Who is on our side? What options do we have?
Do nothing. Conserve energy. Rig yourself for silent running, and sink to the sands in deep water. Sleep and hide and think what is worthwhile. Meanwhile on the surface that corvette is thrashing around dropping depth charges and making a lot of noise. That will be their downfall.

It’s been removed from the online version, which given the almost infinite space that medium provides (remember it’s a “paper” that finds room for at least 20 hatchet jobs a day on Megan Markle), I found surprising

think it’s still there but at very bottom of online sports page:

German paper Der Spiegel claim to have evidence that Manchester City LIED to the Court of Arbitration for Sport to escape their Champions League ban - but City say it's just 'a cynical attempt to publicly re-litigate'

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.