CAS judgement: UEFA ban overturned, City exonerated (report out p603)

I wasn't being sarcastic.

It's a decent, largely uncontroversial article (more or less). The one point that irks is the old City selected the Chairman which is nonsense and would have not been a significant issue - it is simply the case that UEFA also approved of Rui Santos as chair. In fairness Matt Slater did acknowledge the error in the comments "Peter, I’m on holiday and away from my notes & laptop, but the word “select” was an innocent mistake introduced at the editing stage as we tried to condense my 5,000+ words into something shorter. Not much point trying to turn a report that’s far too long for most people to bother reading into a story that’s too long to read, as well! Believe it or not, we do worry (a bit) about word counts. But that word should now be replaced with “nominate” as per my earlier response (when I thought we had published that). It’s a similar answer for your point about UEFA’s list of requested witnesses, except that was me who did the editing there."

If you want to see or hear partial, Castles on the Transfer pod is a work of astonishing bias.
I think I'll pass on the Castles pod. I think they've been very careful not to sound at all pro-City in the article and to try and leave that element of suspicion regarding City in most of what they say, but that's just me. The comments underneath are as predictable as ever.

Hmmmmm.....some blues appear to be liking this tweet but is it a harmless attempt at a joke or is he being a snide twat?

Probably the former, giving him the benefit of the doubt, though it can certainly be read as the latter. As if the fact we had good representation was the only reason we succeeded at CAS, rather than the fact we had a solid case and that UEFA had no case

I don't subscribe to Sam Lee's tweets anymore, they seemed to be getting quite anti city at the time when things were looking bad for city. True colours I thought. Now he's ingratiating with city fans again it seems.

Can anyone clear this up for me?

In the 2014 FFP sanction was the Etihad deal seen as related or unrelated party?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.