CAS judgement: UEFA ban overturned, City exonerated (report out p603)

The best thing for everyone concerned with the club would be to ditch Etihad as a sponsor ASAP.
Rightly or more likely wrongly Etihad will always be viewed in an entirely negative sense, we need a clean break and hopefully that will come next year. Now the club is on a firm footing and the Etihad deal only represents approx 10% of our income we should go out there and find a fucking giant of a partner like Amazon Apple.

City claimed they were unrelated, which was challenged by UEFA but never resolved.

One of City's complaints to CAS was that UEFA completed its investigation before determining that. I can only assume that had the CFCB concluded that they were a related party (which City have always denied) the charges would have been baseless and therefore presumably not brought. But it seems they were judged at CAS as unrelated parties.

the reality as I see it is the club probably made a tactical error on this point in 2014. It was determined to say they were not related. But there was no point in doing once they knew fair value had been deemed broadly in line with the deal. The only proviso was the interaction between equity funding of losses and the related party investment. I read it once in the judgment but haven’t gone back and redigested it as it is really an academic point now.

The best thing for everyone concerned with the club would be to ditch Etihad as a sponsor ASAP.
Rightly or more likely wrongly Etihad will always be viewed in an entirely negative sense, we need a clean break and hopefully that will come next year. Now the club is on a firm footing and the Etihad deal only represents approx 10% of our income we should go out there and find a fucking giant of a partner like Amazon Apple.

I can’t see any logic in long term deals. 3-4 years should be the max. The issue we have is the value of naming rights plummets after the initial naming and you can see how tough it has been for Spurs to find a suitable deal.

I think it is very likely Etihad will continue at least for the stadium and campus and perhaps splitting off the shirt deal

Do you really need to ask mate?
Just shows how damaging all the incorrect headlines re us are as Twitter was full of whats the difference with Wednesday and City and a joke City got away with it. In reality Dippers with their dodgy 50 million new stadium costs for a non existent stadium but thats never been looked into by the press of course

I can’t see any logic in long term deals. 3-4 years should be the max. The issue we have is the value of naming rights plummets after the initial naming and you can see how tough it has been for Spurs to find a suitable deal.

I think it is very likely Etihad will continue at least for the stadium and campus and perhaps splitting off the shirt deal
I would like to see the rumoured merger of Etihad and Emirates.
1. It would mightily piss of the Arse, who would be dropped.
2. Since no journo has criticised Arse for that sponsorship, it would be very funny watching them twist in the wind as they tried to explain why our new sponsorship was different.

Henry turned when the Der Spiegel “leaks” were published. Maybe he felt let down after giving City support. Maybe we can get the relationship back on a better funding with Henry (over time) now they CAS found in our favour.

Henry Winter has never been a friend to our club.

He was the prick who brought down Mancini's unveiling just because his mate Hughes got the sack.

I don't know where people think there was a golden age of sports writers, it has always been a cliquey drinking men's club, populated by sexist, racist, ego-driven ****s.

I've worked amongst them for over thirty years, a more false brigade you would not come across.

Most of them actually don't know much about the game. It's all opinion stated as fact, having to push the envelope even further now social media can make them accountable.

I don't have a single 'friend' in the business.

That's a damming endictment of the industry, not me, I promise you!!

agree 100%, the name on our shirts is what people see that’s definitely where I would like to see a new sponsorship. West Ham have similar issues with their stadium, although they don’t have exclusive use of the stadium like City do with the Etihad.

Henry Winter has never been a friend to our club.

He was the prick who brought down Mancini's unveiling just because his mate Hughes got the sack.

I don't know where people think there was a golden age of sports writers, it has always been a cliquey drinking men's club, populated by sexist, racist, ego-driven ****s.

I've worked amongst them for over thirty years, a more false brigade you would not come across.

Most of them actually don't know much about the game. It's all opinion stated as fact, having to push the envelope even further now social media can make them accountable.

I don't have a single 'friend' in the business.

That's a damming endictment of the industry, not me, I promise you!!
Least you have a few friends on here mate

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.