CAS judgement: UEFA ban overturned, City exonerated (report out p603)

Strange I agree but in all honesty just because we won a legal battle against our enemies what makes people think they will change their views and see City and our owners more favorably?
The other clubs won't change their attitudes towards us and we should not expect them to BUT, it would be nice if OUR club changed it's attitude.

Sometimes you have to fight back to win respect and not turn the other cheek.

Strange I agree but in all honesty just because we won a legal battle against our enemies what makes people think they will change their views and see City and our owners more favorably?

Actually I was trying to figure out why we was shown as Man City rather than Manchester City as the rags were shown.

Actually I was trying to figure out why we was shown as Man City rather than Manchester City as the rags were shown.

I reckon it's because they know everyone knows us worldwide. They could have just put us as "City" and eveyone would have known but they thought they'd make a token effort by putting "Man" in there.

You still don’t get it do you. We don’t court controversy. We do our speaking on the field. Doing the things you suggest just gives the media an easy extra few inches in their pages. Our owner is a gentleman and just goes about his business in a calm and orderly way. He doesn’t want any kind of slagging match in public. Listen to our CEO and you might just get a clue on how we work.
I wouldn't be happy at that approach if I was one of the City sponsors.
Football isn't just played on grass anymore. It is played in the boardrooms and advertising agencies, and more crucially in the hearts and minds of current, and potential, customers.
The club should be all over anyone and everyone who rubbished us, or issued falsely presented (or illegally obtained) material that had a negative impact on the club, including (and especially) uefa.

Look at it this way, messi, mbappe and Haaland would have come to City last year but weren't sure about how the court case was gonna go, so didn't... prove me wrong...

Until the club starts to fight back against all forms off media, that fails to tell the truth. Now if the club knows what they say or print is either libellous or slanderous, that organisation and the individual must be taken to court and sued.

I like most fans are sick and tired of the club doing nothing and letting them get away with those statements. This now the time the club fights back. Starting with Der Spiegel, I like most fans here would like to see them in court here,for theft and hacking of our documents. Then if possible also for the libellous statements as well. If that is not possible then let's go and see if we can use them for their libellous Sri in the German courts. They must have similar laws to ours there.

Until the club starts to fight back against all forms off media, that fails to tell the truth. Now if the club knows what they say or print is either libellous or slanderous, that organisation and the individual must be taken to court and sued.

I like most fans are sick and tired of the club doing nothing and letting them get away with those statements. This now the time the club fights back. Starting with Der Spiegel, I like most fans here would like to see them in court here,for theft and hacking of our documents. Then if possible also for the libellous statements as well. If that is not possible then let's go and see if we can use them for their libellous Sri in the German courts. They must have similar laws to ours there.
You don't have to do it through the courts, just stand up for yourself at press conferences, in the media, ex players etc.

It comes from the top, Garry Cook when CEO fought our case all the time, our media departement had brilliant campaigns laughing at our opponents.

Thats was all done under the Sheik , so why the change? Is it the Barca boys and a different culture, or has the owner/ Chairman asked for a change in attitude and if so why?

I wouldn't be happy at that approach if I was one of the City sponsors.
Football isn't just played on grass anymore. It is played in the boardrooms and advertising agencies, and more crucially in the hearts and minds of current, and potential, customers.
The club should be all over anyone and everyone who rubbished us, or issued falsely presented (or illegally obtained) material that had a negative impact on the club, including (and especially) uefa.

Look at it this way, messi, mbappe and Haaland would have come to City last year but weren't sure about how the court case was gonna go, so didn't... prove me wrong...

Prove you wrong? I will turn it around, prove you are right that these players would have come to City. Bold statements need proof.

The other clubs won't change their attitudes towards us and we should not expect them to BUT, it would be nice if OUR club changed it's attitude.

Sometimes you have to fight back to win respect and not turn the other cheek.
And the narrative will turn to
"Denying freedom of speech"
The same media will spin it a hundred ways to make our owners seem to be the aggressors.
The owners aim is to build a mega business empire, not win a little battle against the media.
I am surprised that more bluemooners do not understand this.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.