CAS judgement: UEFA ban overturned, City exonerated (report out p603)

The "fact" that the CFG do not correct every falsification would tend to mute your point.
If you believe like i do that the media owners want to discredit the club whenever possible, attacking every small mistruth would hardly be reported and would only gain more negative spin where it was.
The club will issue corrective statements whenever the reputation of the owner is questioned. But as we have seen with the CAS decision, the truth exonerating the club will still be reported negatively.
Some people want an all out war on the media, as they did with Eufa, it will not happen.
Issues management is not about correcting every little inaccuracy. It is about focussing on a few key issues and a few key journalists.
In our case the focus would be on:
We are not state owned.
We do not have a bottomless pit of money, but are profitable.
Our success is not solely down to money but, as Pep said recently, there is a lot of hard work and talent too.
Uae connected sponsorship is a small proportion of the whole. Uefa treat those sponsorships as independent.
CAS used the phrase "no evidence" multiple times in their judgement.
That would do for a start. You will not be surprised when I say instances of all of the above have occured since CAS2.
There is no suggestion of outright war on the media. The tone of gentle but persistent reminders to certain journalists (not media owners) is part of the art.
I can think of several prominent journos who have transgressed even since CAS2 and we should target them. I actually got the BBC to change one of Roan's reports, much to my surprise. (He had written that we were owned by UAE). The club should have done that and not left it to a fan.
We might also remind Klopp and certain other rivals of a few truths, but extra care needed there.
I have experience of issues management and, done properly, it works.

The other clubs won't change their attitudes towards us and we should not expect them to BUT, it would be nice if OUR club changed it's attitude.

Sometimes you have to fight back to win respect and not turn the other cheek.
We are owned by foreign investment companies so maybe their culture or business sense tells them to ignore side issues?
Certainly when our revenue streams are threatened we get action but we are still only an investment so sticks and stones etc may be a side issue.

Issues management is not about correcting every little inaccuracy. It is about focussing on a few key issues and a few key journalists.
In our case the focus would be on:
We are not state owned.
We do not have a bottomless pit of money, but are profitable.
Our success is not solely down to money but, as Pep said recently, there is a lot of hard work and talent too.
Uae connected sponsorship is a small proportion of the whole. Uefa treat those sponsorships as independent.
CAS used the phrase "no evidence" multiple times in their judgement.
That would do for a start. You will not be surprised when I say instances of all of the above have occured since CAS2.
There is no suggestion of outright war on the media. The tone of gentle but persistent reminders to certain journalists (not media owners) is part of the art.
I can think of several prominent journos who have transgressed even since CAS2 and we should target them. I actually got the BBC to change one of Roan's reports, much to my surprise. (He had written that we were owned by UAE). The club should have done that and not left it to a fan.
We might also remind Klopp and certain other rivals of a few truths, but extra care needed there.
I have experience of issues management and, done properly, it works.

I am sure you are a true professional .
I am also aware the club has a bigger picture.
Whatever we say the media will spin it .
We do not have a media influence.
I do understand and respect you have a knowledge and experience.
Have you gone up against Murdoch and won though,

I am sure you are a true professional .
I am also aware the club has a bigger picture.
Whatever we say the media will spin it .
We do not have a media influence.
I do understand and respect you have a knowledge and experience.
Have you gone up against Murdoch and won though,
If they have a bigger picture, I'd love to know what it is. In a retail business, there is NO bigger picture than your brand. Ask Gerald Ratner.

The only way for MCFC to defeat UEFA, s to get one off our officials on to one of the two boards off UEFA. That to my mind is the only way we can make UEFA change any off their boards mind against MCFC.

There is of course one other way and that is to take the whole organisation of UEFA to court. This seems the one thing that the club is not willing to do. They don't want to be seen rocking the so called boat.

The only way for MCFC to defeat UEFA, s to get one off our officials on to one of the two boards off UEFA. That to my mind is the only way we can make UEFA change any off their boards mind against MCFC.

There is of course one other way and that is to take the whole organisation of UEFA to court. This seems the one thing that the club is not willing to do. They don't want to be seen rocking the so called boat.

I really wish we would fucking sink their goddamn boat never mind rock it.

Then buy Sancho, Haaland, Son and a left back.

Of, not off. Off is used in a different context, I can't think of one right now though...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.