CAS judgement: UEFA ban overturned, City exonerated (report out p603)

Mate, they couldn't care less if we were actually innocent. We are guilty in their eyes no matter what; in the words of Dave Kitson earlier 'everybody knows City cheated' while not having a clue about the actual case itself. We have to accept our coverage will be totally incorrect riddled with inaccuracies and fallacies. It gets frustrating if you place stock in what they say. Ultimately, there's no need for a war, our success on the field will be our vindication.

Correct, the inaccuracies and innuendo have been a feature for years,so why expect anything different.

It'll carry on because of the damage,from a future sponsorship perspective,has a chance to run and run.
There are lots of companies that don't want to be tarnished,with what can be seen as a tainted brand.
Thats always been part of the game these arseholes are playing.

i see it as buying ourselves a court hearing.

we could have ended this by cooperating but the innuendo & reputational damage would continue.

You really think so? The club recognised early on that the UEFA investigation was a sham and that whatever material was submitted the so-called judgement would go against us.

Thanks. Sounds like a real den of corruption. Thank God we've got that guy Javier Tebas to shine his light of morality into the dark corners.
What a bell end he is. Needs to put his own house into order first Barca and Real paying world record transfer fees I suppose had no effect on the inflated transfer market what a tool !

You really think so? The club recognised early on that the UEFA investigation was a sham and that whatever material was submitted the so-called judgement would go against us.

It’s out there now that there is a deliberate agenda, we were all crazy tin foil paranoids now everyone knows. I don’t think it could have gone against us but they could have insinuated we cheated but it was too old.

We have had our victory but imho we cannot rest on our laurels The club has to stop being mild and meek especially to the media who were still hounding us even after the CAS ruling. Those bastards ( not all but many) wrote in anger as they were denied the pleasure of gloating and gleefully editing the downfall of Manchester City it was nasty and vengeful yesterday ffs imagine if we lost Thats why the club has to STOP the constant bullying of our club by the written and vocal media WE have shown our mettle on the pitch now beef up our legal dept, no, not in a obnoxious way like Fergie But virus permitting lets not welcome those on a match days the freedom of the place plus food and drink aplenty, only to leave and scribe another column of shit aimed at us
I broadly agree but your last sentence made me chuckle as I have a vision of City saying to the press "Of course you can have a sandwich but only if you write something nice about us"

Mate, they couldn't care less if we were actually innocent. We are guilty in their eyes no matter what; in the words of Dave Kitson earlier 'everybody knows City cheated' while not having a clue about the actual case itself. We have to accept our coverage will be totally incorrect riddled with inaccuracies and fallacies. It gets frustrating if you place stock in what they say. Ultimately, there's no need for a war, our success on the field will be our vindication.

The whole of your post is absolutely true, regrettably, and the bolded point gets to the heart of it. People have made up their minds that City cheated so now they have no interest in the details of the case. Forget that we were punished for past breaches and entered into a settlement/reporting regime that should have put them to bed. Forget that we had to endure a process featuring apparently spurious allegations deriving from the period covered by the settlement and reporting regime. No, they know we're guilty, even if they can't quite put their finger on how or why, so we have to be punished. The facts are irrelevant for these people.

On my Twitter timeline this morning, I've witnessed a conversation between two law professors (FFS!) talking about how this case shows that governing bodies need to be careful in their drafting of limitation provisions to ensure that they can go after past breaches. Now, they could be right, but they may very well not be. My strong suspicion is that the time-barred allegations will be practically identical to those with respect to which CAS found for City on the merits and we therefore didn't simply escape punishment on a timing technicality. As I say, I may be wrong on that but the point here is that you have two people who should fucking well know a lot better leaping, spurred on by their own bias, to a conclusion based on a short press statement rather than waiting for the full judgment.

It's been a contention of many City fans for ages that we're up against an onslaught led by rivals determined to do anything to stop us in our tracks, supported by a supine media deploying a welter of what these days seems to be called 'fake news' (I prefer the old-school term 'lies') to dupe the masses. Some, including me for a while, were sceptical about this or at least about the extent of it. No more, because since Monday's verdict we've seen the full measure of what we're up against in all its grotesque ugliness.

Let them bring it on, I say. In 45 years of following City, I've always felt that our fans are at their best when up against it, especially when we have a manager to rally behind who 'gets' that underdog mentality. For all the wonderful things Guardiola has brought us, we perhaps haven't had that since Mancini, but I've been delighted with Pep's reaction this week. So let's all of us now band together (club, fans, management and players) and create a siege mentality. Every win sticks it to these c*nts who are desperate to do us down, so let's all focus on that and glory in every achievement that we know will only hurt them.

There is a way to fix the whole media, but there would be mass riots among City fans.

Appoint GPC as Director of External Media Relations :O
That would be quite the fifth columnist appointment.
Nothing bad could possibly come from giving a fox the keys to the hen house.
Impressively Machiavellian should it work though.
It would be nice to have more than Martin Samuels swinging for us at some point.

Projectdriver or prestwich blue,do you think the club would have received the full documents about the appeal by now and are being perused over by our legal team ??

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.