CAS judgement: UEFA ban overturned, City exonerated (report out p603)

Here's a cunning plan. We should get one of the many large companies we have a connection to, maybe via SoftBank (which Mubadala is a major investor in) or Silver Lake, to encourage the G-14 to breakaway from UEFA and form their long-threatened super league. Offer them a huge financial package then, when they've stuck two fingers up to us and Ceferin and finally fucked off, pull the plug after one game leaving them high and dry.
Good idea!! We could call the media company On Digital or maybe ITV Digital!!

For UEFAs sake I hope not, I posted this earlier in the media thread:

https://www.spiegel.de/sport/fussba...tlosen-a-b1e3f296-d799-4d98-8183-514868407c6f

“Uefa's legal department asked SPIEGEL to publish the material on Manchester City.”

Has anyone else picked up on this? If what DS are saying is correct then UEFA have been complicit in causing reputational damage to the club and been in on this right from the start of this saga, and that they didn’t open their investigation as a result of the articles being brought to their attention as previously thought. I appreciate that we don’t have issues with everyone at UEFA and Ceferin seems a decent sort but I’d love to know who at UEFA was behind this.

Never in the field of ITK human conflict have i seen so many desperate to insist that we didn't know the result on Friday so as to rubbish what Cheeseman tweeted along with Sinclair and the Goat and lets be honest, the mood music coming from the gaffer himself.

Anyway, we fucking won, who gives a fuck?

Whilst I agree the outcome is all that matters, my original post was more out of shock/respect that City and Pep were inwardly nervous at the outcome right until the announcement.

I believe City sought and received the best legal counsel for the job, knowing how well the CAS hearing had gone.

You can be confident but until the verdict was announced, it was still to be known.

What a horrible situation to be in. There were no leaks to feed off for a reason.

They certainly did get good counsel.

Their legal lineup included Freshfields, who also went on to win an appeal in €13+ billion case in the EU general court yesterday. Talk about a good week for them.

Nothing but the best.

“Uefa's legal department asked SPIEGEL to publish the material on Manchester City.”

Has anyone else picked up on this? If what DS are saying is correct then UEFA have been complicit in causing reputational damage to the club and been in on this right from the start of this saga, and that they didn’t open their investigation as a result of the articles being brought to their attention as previously thought. I appreciate that we don’t have issues with everyone at UEFA and Ceferin seems a decent sort but I’d love to know who at UEFA was behind this.

If that’s true they’re finished, we’d have to go nuclear on that one. There’d be whistleblowers everywhere trying to escape the fallout. That would bring the lot down.

Think they mean publish as in terms of handing over the emails to Uefa.

I had heard a while back that all Uefa possibly had were the stolen emails and spoke with Prestwich Blue about it at the time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.