CAS judgement: UEFA ban overturned, City exonerated (report out p603)

Would have thought Samuel would have a piece to copy by now.... he is very quiet for something as big as this

Would have thought Samuel would have a piece to copy by now.... he is very quiet for something as big as this

Might be away for a week as the league finished, and before the FA Cup final and Europe. I have a feeling most weekday Samuel pieces are Tues and Thurs (this could be wrong!) so 10 pm tonight maybe.

Why did we do it and what have we gained by doing it?

All I can see is a very substantial fine, censure by CAS for not co-operating and an open goal for the media to infer we were hiding evidence.
What we gained is, we got it away from the AC and what was obviously a kangaroo court in UEFA.
We got an early decision in CAS thus avoiding being banned from the CL, which we would have been.

And we would have been out of Europe regardless of any appeal process. You can bet your life on that. Just look at the petition to CAS from the 9 PL teams.
Pressure would have been increased on
UEFA and there is no way we would get fair play with them.
The damage would have been dragged out and maximised through leaking to the media. The media would oblige of course making as much as they could for as long as they could.

I think our management/owners played this right.

They knew what they we’re dealing with, and this was the quickest way to minimise the already considerable reputational damage.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.