Casual staff at City - club confirm they will be paid

Think United have committed to pay their casual staff for the rest of the season. If that’s the case, it’s valid to ask why we haven’t yet done the same.
I know the media love them, but they do piss all over us in easy to do, positive stuff like this. 9 years ST price freeze isn’t making a huge difference to them but they keep doing it and we keep doing the opposite.

It would also help if the club just actually communicated to its employees what was happening.

Football is irrelevant at the moment. City are a billion dollar company funded by mega rich businesses. It's not about slagging the club, its about expecting the club to do right by its employees and so far the silence isn't helping employees during a pandemic.

People really need to stop taking things so seriously and forget about football for the time being. How would you feel if you were a temp staff at City during these times and nothing has been communicated to you?
We have NO idea as to who these people actually work for and they could well be "contracted to Agencies and as I`ve already pointed out we may well be already in consultations with those agencies.With regard to any "casual workers" who work directly for City then thats an entirely different matter and I would bet any money you like those people WILL be looked after by the Club.
Lets wait and see before complaining.

Last edited:
Let’s not get diverted by blaming the media.
This is down to City to do the right thing and they have no excuse for not doing so. They need to do the right thing by the fans and the staff
So where are the club at this moment in time with their consultations with agencies and their other staff ?
The fucking noise is deafening, as like me and thousands of others YOU have no idea, but side with those fucking mercenary journos.FFS !!

Last edited:
Bearing in mind they only write negative shit about City, I will be surprised if they have not committed to pay the casual staff like the rags have.. The rags announcement goes global in seconds and is picked up by the sycophantic press as expected...

City are not the best at dealing with the media, nevermind the black arts, we need to work in that side of the business a lot....!

I know the media love them, but they do piss all over us in easy to do, positive stuff like this. 9 years ST price freeze isn’t making a huge difference to them but they keep doing it and we keep doing the opposite.
To be fair they're not being threatened with financial penalties every few months. Quite a bizarre state of affairs, really.

All staff should be paid. Agency or not.

season card payments should also be stopped now and reduced prices for the next season.

fair play to united. They do a lot of positive things for fans - freezing prices. We could learn from them as we seem to do the opposite

Apart from the big two G4S and Showsec there are 3,4 maybe even 5 other security companies working at City on match days. I work for one of them on a zero hour contract and have worked all but 3 games this season( was booked for the arsenal,burnley & madrid games) others have worked 2,3 games. So if city say we will pay for the 30 match day staff we have for my company who get paid ? do i trust my company to pass that money on to me ? And that's just security then you have catering,hospitality and more. It's OK other clubs coming out saying they will pay but i bet the have no clue how the will work it all out yet.

Fucking suck it up city and pay whoever needs paying and cancel all DD until further notice.
The country needs as many good news stories as possible right now and we’re missing an open fucking goal.

Apart from the big two G4S and Showsec there are 3,4 maybe even 5 other security companies working at City on match days. I work for one of them on a zero hour contract and have worked all but 3 games this season( was booked for the arsenal,burnley & madrid games) others have worked 2,3 games. So if city say we will pay for the 30 match day staff we have for my company who get paid ? do i trust my company to pass that money on to me ? And that's just security then you have catering,hospitality and more. It's OK other clubs coming out saying they will pay but i bet the have no clue how the will work it all out yet.

Some catering staff stay one week, some a few months, rarely a season by the looks of it. It is a difficult one, as someone whose first match was the last match does not mean they will turn up for the next few months. Then there are people like programme sellers who seem to have been around for years.

I’m sure City are overwhelmed right now with all that’s going on and the uncertainty out there. Travel plans to cancel, flights to cancel, hotels etc. I’m sure they are looking at the welfare of staff and anyone employed by the club will be looked after but I’m not sure the network of match day contractors are all necessarily City’s responsibility- but of course the media will lump responsibility for the whole of East Manchester onto the club because we are perceived as affluent. It disappoints me sometimes how quickly some of our fans are to get on the clubs back before we’ve even commented. I generally have faith in our owners - I think they do a good job - most of the time and they seem like decent people... so I would be reluctant to criticise until I know more - and by knowing more - I mean from a reliable source.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.