Caught smoking in the ground

Lordeffingham said:
Skashion said:
Are you a yank?

No, born and bred in Manchester, from a family of City season ticket holders going back to before world war II and every generation has smoked in the ground, only recently has this changed, which is acceptable, however why anyone should feel my slightly watered down use of a term like 'Liberal Tarts', for political correctness issues, causes you to think I'm a yank is a mystery to me?
It's sad to see that this Americanism is becoming commonplace in Britain then because it is a complete corruption of its original meaning. A liberal would respect your right to smoke as long as those who you smoke in front of consent to it.

Skashion said:
Lordeffingham said:
No, born and bred in Manchester, from a family of City season ticket holders going back to before world war II and every generation has smoked in the ground, only recently has this changed, which is acceptable, however why anyone should feel my slightly watered down use of a term like 'Liberal Tarts', for political correctness issues, causes you to think I'm a yank is a mystery to me?
It's sad to see that this Americanism is becoming commonplace in Britain then because it is a complete corruption of its original meaning. A liberal would respect your right to smoke as long as those who you smoke in front of consent to it.

I accept what you are saying, however that does not apply in the case of Rapists, Paedophiles or smokers, so I will continue to use a term I find appropriate for todays, Liberal do gooders!

Lordeffingham said:
Skashion said:

I accept what you are saying, however that does not apply in the case of Rapists, Paedophiles or smokers, so I will continue to use a term I find appropriate for todays, Liberal do gooders!

how can you put smokers in the same bracket as paedo's and rapists?

Lordeffingham said:
You anti smoking Liberal tarts really get on my fucking wick, it's nothing to do with not liking others smoking in an area where you are, it's a fucking power thing and just a situation you can exploit and jump on the bandwaggon to have a go at being an authoritarian. You make it sound like we are hooligans, hell bent on getting into confrontations with stewards and staff at venues, just so we can abuse authority.

If the spirals are well out of every other legitimate fans way, are made of material that is totally uncombustable, are very well ventilated, and the smoke doesn't drift in the direction of you saints, what the fuck is your problem? If those smokers who's matchday experience is made a little more comfortable by being able to walk 100 yards out and down a spiral to ENJOY a cigarette, why are you tossers so aggitated, get a fucking life, or maybe better go boil your fucking heads.

We are smokers, not lepers and although we are the only section of society that is legally allowed to be victimised and discriminated against openly (other than possibly paedophiles and rapists) we like all you clever, clean, saintly and arrogant tosspots deserve some reasonable consideration, we haven't broken any criminal laws and should be afforded some rights with regard to our preference to smoke.

In fact the most flaunted law of the land, is riding bikes on the pavements, or at night with no lights, so why not set up some gestapo like movement to crack down on that issue or something meaningfull like that, I mean I hate seeing two blokes snogging each others face off, in public, but it's just another example of what normal people of yesteryear have to accept and have force fed to them by the type of people you and others like you seem to strive to get acceptance of!

Don't just get on your high horses after reading my agitated response, try for once to think about what is written and appreciate the frustration smokers have to endure by your petty bitching and bullying. I am not suggesting or advocating allowing our habits to be conducted in an area where you healthy people may be infected or affected by our inconsiderate behaviour, not in the stands or the toilets, but well out of your way, is this so unreasonable at the end of the day?

What has this rant got to do with the issue of smoking in the toilets .... and the appropriate punishment if caught by the stewards ?

I would have no problem with people being allowed to smoke on the spirals, but unless the ground rules are changed... I am sure the club feels obliged to be "seen" to operate a zero tolerance policy.

Me and the Mrs love a good old toke on the spirals at the home games...........

Christine+_amp_+David+at+the+old+shisha+pipe__.JPG

TBH there should be areas where you can go for a Cig.
Then everyone wouldnt end up in the toilets. They've got smoking areas in pubs and resturants FFS

Lordeffingham said:
hello said:
erm the OP was some nob smoking in the family stand bogs so your point goes out of the window

Well, however this post started, my post is valid, and though you try to dismiss it in such a lame way, I can tell you from experience, that had I decided to post it as a new thread, it would have been promptly merged into submission.
These forums are open to legitimate debate but are full of nothing posts like yours, so if you've got something interesting to add, use some brain cells, otherwise butt out!
Bollocks.

No one has said that it's unreasonable to go for a cig on the spiral. The outrage is because the OP lit up in the FAMILY STAND TOILETS, so obviously doesn't give a fuck, and just wants to light up at his own convenience, even if kids suffer.

End of the day, you've made a long angry post (probably havn't gone for your fag break yet) which has made up part of the non-smoking arguments, and painted a picture that smokers are just hard done to folk who would never do anything against anyone.

Even as a non-smoker I find myself supporting the smoker's camp. This is another example of Fletchers' egotistical, fascist tactics.
Smokings is still legal. The rules regarding public places are relatively new. Smokers are merely after a 5 minute blast to enhance their day, but will no doubt accept the change in good spirits if the process is reasonable.
Lets face it, the Police dont want to start charging people for having a fag. The paperwork alone would make it impractical. But the club policy is different. Random hits on the weakest targets are cowardly and unnecessary. The masses' protection of these victims mirrors nature. We are only talking about 15 minutes a fortnight. Some billboards, visable cctv and visable stewarding can easily prevent all smoking without the need for all this fuss. Created smoking areas is another idea and maybe the club can run a smoking sessation course for any offenders (with attendance ensuring they avoid a ban). 3 game bans are disproportionate to the offence and its very poor for fan:club relations. Also some recourse should exist for appeals. Photographic evidence would be ideal and how about smoke alarms for areas where cctv is not permitted.
I am sure this can be dealt with in a calm, efficient, co-operative way. And to the clown who endorsed life bans, all that would do is make the alleged smoker, with so much to lose, become "desperate" as they may as well be "hanged for a sheep as a lamb." Oh and I dont think publishing names in the programme would be likely as guilt would have to be proved in a court. Otherwise there may be some hefty libel suits for the Sheikh to cover.

Bluemoon115 said:
Lordeffingham said:
Well, however this post started, my post is valid, and though you try to dismiss it in such a lame way, I can tell you from experience, that had I decided to post it as a new thread, it would have been promptly merged into submission.
These forums are open to legitimate debate but are full of nothing posts like yours, so if you've got something interesting to add, use some brain cells, otherwise butt out!
Bollocks.

No one has said that it's unreasonable to go for a cig on the spiral. The outrage is because the OP lit up in the FAMILY STAND TOILETS, so obviously doesn't give a fuck, and just wants to light up at his own convenience, even if kids suffer.

End of the day, you've made a long angry post (probably havn't gone for your fag break yet) which has made up part of the non-smoking arguments, and painted a picture that smokers are just hard done to folk who would never do anything against anyone.

What an ignorant cock you seemingly are, why not read a little further when some other bandwaggon jumper asserts my post is invalid, as the original post is about someones being caught in the loos, as I answered on that occasion, had I posted as a new post, it would have been merged into submission, and actually I enjoyed several cigs in my own private space whilst writing my piece.
By the sound of your attitude, maybe you should take up smoking, don't see why you are so upset by my justifiable explanation of my view.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.