Cavani Speculation/News (page 151 onwards)

BlueMoonoverUS said:
@DeadlineDayLive: Mario Gomez is on the verge of signing for Napoli, even though Rafael Benítez would prefer to sign Edin Džeko. (Source: TuttoSport)

IF true that would bugger up the possibility of swap deal.

simon23 said:
BlueMoonoverUS said:
@DeadlineDayLive: Mario Gomez is on the verge of signing for Napoli, even though Rafael Benítez would prefer to sign Edin Džeko. (Source: TuttoSport)

But maybe we will get a lot more money for Dzeko selling him to Chelsea, paving the way for our Cavani purchase.

Matt the Giant said:
simon23 said:
BlueMoonoverUS said:

But maybe we will get a lot more money for Dzeko selling him to Chelsea, paving the way for our Cavani purchase.

What if its a move to call our/Dzeko's bluff into making a decision quicker.

Craggers said:
Matt the Giant said:
simon23 said:

What if its a move to call our/Dzeko's bluff into making a decision quicker.
Can't see that working, Edin could be thinking "i'm happy to stay here, maybe Pelle will love me"

Cavani has agreed to come here according to Goal but Napoli are refusing to budge and want more money, which is jeopardising the deal.

It could be that the Pelli statement is to keep the price of Dzeko high by saying he isn't leaving. If we said the opposite all that would happen is price would plummet.

Gomez - Napoli
Lewandovski - Bayern
Dzeko - Dortmund
Cavani - City

Straight cash deal.

someone else mentioned this as a possibility. We are in a strong bargaining position if Rafa prefers Edin as it provides some ground for negotiation. So far it seems we are acting quickly and bargaining well with clubs - the Fernandinho situation shows we are playing hard ball and his desire to join us has lowered their ability to ask for a ridiculous fee. I expect this Cavani situation to be resolved in the next week as I think it is just an agreement on fees now.

There is a quote from a Dzeko interview, (Cit revenge Mancityfans.net), saying:
In Bosnian camp Dzeko on question will he go from City " I don't know yet it will be more clear picture at the start of the summer. I m focus on my club City and i will see where i stand with new manager and hes plans." On question would he love to remain in England or go back to Germany or Italy referring to interest of Chelsea, staying in the City, interests and Borussia ,Napoli swoop with Cavani, he replied "I think you know that there is only one club in Italy for which i would play."
The Italian club may be AC Milan, who according to Wiki he supported as a boy, or maybe Juve who he nearly joined when he came to us from Wolfsburg?
I suppose we can rule out a swap for Cavani and dzeko if this is true!

Plain Speaking said:
There is a quote from a Dzeko interview, (Cit revenge Mancityfans.net), saying:
In Bosnian camp Dzeko on question will he go from City " I don't know yet it will be more clear picture at the start of the summer. I m focus on my club City and i will see where i stand with new manager and hes plans." On question would he love to remain in England or go back to Germany or Italy referring to interest of Chelsea, staying in the City, interests and Borussia ,Napoli swoop with Cavani, he replied "I think you know that there is only one club in Italy for which i would play."
The Italian club will be Juve who he supported as a boy.
I suppose we can rule out a swap for Cavani and dzeko if this is true!

I thought he was an AC Milan fan?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.