Cavani Speculation/News (page 151 onwards)

Gareth Barry Manilow said:
Plain Speaking said:
There is a quote from a Dzeko interview, (Cit revenge Mancityfans.net), saying:
In Bosnian camp Dzeko on question will he go from City " I don't know yet it will be more clear picture at the start of the summer. I m focus on my club City and i will see where i stand with new manager and hes plans." On question would he love to remain in England or go back to Germany or Italy referring to interest of Chelsea, staying in the City, interests and Borussia ,Napoli swoop with Cavani, he replied "I think you know that there is only one club in Italy for which i would play."
The Italian club will be Juve who he supported as a boy.
I suppose we can rule out a swap for Cavani and dzeko if this is true!

I thought he was an AC Milan fan?

Indeed!

Have an unnerving feeling Chelsea will go all out and give Napoli much more than we're offering (apparently 25.5 mill plus dzeko) in desperation for a world class striker. Hope not, get it done Txiki. Recent reports suggesting the stumbling blocks are Napoli not willing to pay Dzeko's wage demands and the amount of cash upfront we're offering is not enough (undervalueing Dzeko). Hope these problems get resolved sooner of later.

gintylad said:
Have an unnerving feeling Chelsea will go all out and give Napoli much more than we're offering (apparently 25.5 mill plus dzeko) in desperation for a world class striker. Hope not, get it done Txiki. Recent reports suggesting the stumbling blocks are Napoli not willing to pay Dzeko's wage demands and the amount of cash upfront we're offering is not enough (undervalueing Dzeko). Hope these problems get resolved sooner of later.
That would be an absolute nightmare, we lose Tevez AND Cavani. if so, this transfer would turn 180 degrees fast than dancer.

worst possible outcome.

LoveCity said:
Cavani has agreed to come here according to Goal but Napoli are refusing to budge and want more money, which is jeopardising the deal.

If that is the case then the deal won't happen. €63m cash or cash + player or we won't get Cavani. We have tried to get him for three seasons and De Laurentis has not backed down. Even if his wife/kids were held hostage I doubt he would back down.

The club will always have another quality back up if Cavani doesn't sign for us. We have already learnt from our mistake already imo.

LoveCity said:
Cavani has agreed to come here according to Goal but Napoli are refusing to budge and want more money, which is jeopardising the deal.

We need that Perez quote about players not being cheap or expensive but instead being investments.

I'd normally be all for prudence but we know it's pay the release clause to secure a striker miles better than our rivals can or have.

Even if its like 10m more than we ideally want to, I imagine it's worth biting the bullet. I wouldn't miss out on him for difference of a Scott Sinclair fee.

Hope Txiki is feeling that bold...

After Cavani there is little left on the market in the same class. At least on the surface. Because soon enough we know there will be one or two 'new' Cavani and Falcao types out there, that is what scouts are paid for I guess (Luis Muriel? Jackson Martinez?).

NQCitizen said:
Ray78 said:
The club will always have another quality back up if Cavani doesn't sign for us. We have already learnt from our mistake already imo.

Cavani and Falcao are completely in a class of their own though.

Falcao cost FC Porto 3.5m Euros and Cavani cost 17m so with careful scouting there are always bargains to be found.

LoveCity said:
After Cavani there is little left on the market in the same class. At least on the surface. Because soon enough we know there will be one or two 'new' Cavani and Falcao types out there, that is what scouts are paid for I guess (Luis Muriel? Jackson Martinez?).

Higuain would be a decent back up imo. However it looks as if he is heading to Juve. So there will be very little left to choose from. Cavani is a must

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.