Cavani Speculation/News (page 151 onwards)

Manchester City's bid to sign Edinson Cavani from Napoli has stalled after failing to agree a £50 million-player-plus-cash deal involving Edin Dzeko, Goal understands.

City, who are understood to have agreed a £150,000-a-week deal in principle with Cavani, have indicated in preliminary discussions with Napoli that they are willing to pay £25.5m cash plus offer £25m-rated striker Dzeko in part-exchange for the prolific Uruguayan.

However, while new Napoli boss Rafael Benitez is believed to have given his blessing to the pursuit of Dzeko, the Italian club are keen to hold out for a greater cash sum that is closer to bridging Cavani’s £53m release clause

auij19 said:
Manchester City's bid to sign Edinson Cavani from Napoli has stalled after failing to agree a £50 million-player-plus-cash deal involving Edin Dzeko, Goal understands.

City, who are understood to have agreed a £150,000-a-week deal in principle with Cavani, have indicated in preliminary discussions with Napoli that they are willing to pay £25.5m cash plus offer £25m-rated striker Dzeko in part-exchange for the prolific Uruguayan.

However, while new Napoli boss Rafael Benitez is believed to have given his blessing to the pursuit of Dzeko, the Italian club are keen to hold out for a greater cash sum that is closer to bridging Cavani’s £53m release clause

If true and we are only out by 2.5 million in the negotiations, he will be a city player very soon.

auij19 said:

This is promising, the difference does not sound so large.

Blue Haze said:
auij19 said:

This is promising, the difference does not sound so large.

depends what they value Edin at, and whether Edin would like to go to Napoli (which I do not think can be taken for granted at all)

I think it's time Ric had some sort of bell attached to concrete transfer news, then i might get some bloody work done, sort it out

auij19 said:

If true offer them £30m and Dzeko!

Looks like Chelsea have met the asking price according to the myriad of stories in the UK and Italian press that have broken overnight.
The next RVP esc transfer disaster could be with us.

Then it forces our hand, and we will no doubt raise our bid. We clearly want Cavani but again the club are probably playing hardball on the sum so that we can sign all of our targets. I think we probably have a budget and are trying to secure a number of players to that budget therefore meaning we cannot simply throw a load into one deal as it will jeopardise others.

We will have a clear strategy for this transfer window. If we dont sign Cavani it is because the club value signing other players more than throwing a load of money at this deal. And I will trust them on that. Cavani would be an amazing player to sign and if it was me I would not want to see him at chelsea so that would force my hand on this.

Lets see if Chelsea have bid, and how we respond.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.