Cavani Speculation/News (page 151 onwards)

Vincents Tackle said:
I'm going to put my neck on the line here, I think Cavani will be wearing blue next season.

I know it's a bold prediction, but I have my sources.

But what shade?

supercity88 said:
Then it forces our hand, and we will no doubt raise our bid. We clearly want Cavani but again the club are probably playing hardball on the sum so that we can sign all of our targets. I think we probably have a budget and are trying to secure a number of players to that budget therefore meaning we cannot simply throw a load into one deal as it will jeopardise others.

We will have a clear strategy for this transfer window. If we dont sign Cavani it is because the club value signing other players more than throwing a load of money at this deal. And I will trust them on that. Cavani would be an amazing player to sign and if it was me I would not want to see him at chelsea so that would force my hand on this.

Lets see if Chelsea have bid, and how we respond.

Wow...a sensible post...well done that man

Reckon we wouldn't even be considering selling Tevez if we hadn't got Cavani pretty much wrapped up by now. I'd take the Chelsea speculation with a pinch of salt.

Fingers crossed.

Vincents Tackle said:
I'm going to put my neck on the line here, I think Cavani will be wearing blue next season.

I know it's a bold prediction, but I have my sources.

He already wears blue at Napoli?

Chelsea's search for strikers intensified last night after they opened talks over a move for £50million-rated Napoli striker Edinson Cavani just hours after placing a £34.9m bid for Zenit St Petersburg's Hulk.

Manager Jose Mourinho has shortlisted four players with Fiorentina's Stevan Jovetic and Manchester City Edin Dzeko also on his list.

Mourinho is confident of signing £25m-rated Jovetic ahead of Juventus but faces a battle with former club Real Madrid to sign Cavani while Dzeko is seen as a back-up plan.Napoli have not yet ruled out a Cavani-Dzeko swap with Manchester City but it seems increasingly unlikely.

Napoli president Aurelio de Laurentiis said last night: 'There is interest from Chelsea in Cavani, they'll call me in the next few hours. I'll be delighted if he stays, but if he leaves then he will be adequately replaced.'

Brazil striker Hulk has also confirmed Mourinho wants him at Stamford Bridge.

Zenit have so far resisted Chelsea's approaches and made it clear they want to recoup more of the £44m they paid Porto for the explosive frontrunner at the start of last season. Hulk's wish to quit the Russian League and link up with Mourinho could prove pivotal, and he underlined his eagerness to press for a move by admitting he knew Chelsea had made a bid.

Asked about it at a Brazil press conference on Thursday afternoon, he replied: 'If I said there wasn't anything in it, I would be lying. But that is not for now. At the moment, I am 100 per cent focused on the Selecao (Portuguese for the Brazil team). Other matters will have to wait until afterwards.'

Though Zenit have rejected Chelsea's initial offer, it will remain on the table, in the belief that a lack of alternative bids will force the Russian club to relent and sanction Hulk's departure to Stamford Bridge.

The quest for such strikers will place further question marks over the future of Fernando Torres and Demba Ba plus the roles of Oscar and Juan Mata in Mourinho's plans.

Re: What if Mourinho gets Cavani...

01Bluefan said:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2337115/Chelsea-open-talks-Edinson-Cavani-make-Hulk-bid-Jose-Mourinho-Stevan-Jovetic-bag.html?ico=sport^headlines

they already have oscar mata hazard moses marin with scrulle(or some like that) all but theirs, ba torres and lukaku and now they want to add hulk cavani and jovetic?????? WTF?????? how the fuck will keep mourinho all of them happy??? i think this is only minds games from ADL to make us paying more money to get cavani

Napoli just forcing City to pay the release clause or shut up.

Its whether we are prepared to pay £53m for him.

Personally, I wouldn't, but it isn't my money.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.